Author Topic: New Tree Stand Just Arrived!  (Read 2869 times)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: New Tree Stand Just Arrived!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 03, 2012, 10:37:48 AM »
I own the very same climber and it is far from uncomfortable! Have owned 2-3 other climbers in the past and the Summit Viper is by far better than most others. NHANGLER you have a very nice stand don't let anyone kid you. You should be very happy with it.
[/quote

You missed the humor...It said no one ever says they are uncomfortable...Summit's are all I use for climbers... ;D
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 03, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »
I dont own a summit nor have I ever tried one but I will say, sitting in trees is the way to go, bow or rifle, took me a long time to learn that point. Sit and wait on a decent trail and you will be rewarded with seeing more deer closer and not their flags runnin away and I may add, all my deer taken from tree stands have been one shot kills. BTW, I have a loggy bayou climber and a couple different loc ons..
Its tough to sit at first when you are used to stalking but trust me, it works...just my opinion...

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »
I have a Viper and a Goliath...

Me too and they are both top notch stands. IMO you can't go wrong with a summit. Just be aware - very easy to fall asleep and miss seeing THE BIG ONE come in ;-)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 04, 2012, 04:10:42 AM »
Got the viper also Haven't tried mine out yet either bought last feb. What I played with it so far
Comfy & and I like  Sure will find out in 3 more day's   ;)

Offline NHAngler

• Forked
« Reply #19 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:08:01 AM »
Get a good folding saw like Gerber makes to remove limbs of your tree on the way up.

I was looking at some trees in the yard to practice on and thought about this. I also may bring some small shears for the smaller twig branches.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like I got the right one. Started looking at much cheaper stands but then after thinking about the weight of some of those and more importantly the safety, I did not want to mess around and got an aluminum framed summit.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:15:01 AM »
You won't be disappointed...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline NYSporty

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
I was looking at some trees in the yard to practice on and thought about this. I also may bring some small shears for the smaller twig branches.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like I got the right one. Started looking at much cheaper stands but then after thinking about the weight of some of those and more importantly the safety, I did not want to mess around and got an aluminum framed summit.

I also looked at the cheap steel ones and told the wife whats another 200 bucks, my deductable for the ER is 200$ and my back isn't the greatest these days. 

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Oct 04, 2012, 07:16:22 AM »
i too have a summit viper. one of the most comfy stands i own. climbs like a squirrel too. definitely practice with it before you take it hunting. you'll be more efficient and quiet in the woods. always wear a harness too, no matter how safe you feel in your stand. take it from someone who has had a 25ft. fall... it's not something you want to do. good luck, stay safe, and enjoy your new stand!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal