Author Topic: Deer Butchering and Processing Locations  (Read 15959 times)

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
Deer Butchering and Processing Locations
« on: Sep 24, 2012, 06:22:09 AM »
Normally me and my buddy will tackle the task our selves but I figure it might be good to have a second option if I have the time to hunt but not the time to process everything.  Anyone have any suggestions for deer processing in the southern part of the state (Concord south).  Also, what does it typically cost to have someone process your deer?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Deer Butchering and Processing Locations
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2012, 06:29:02 AM »
I think the cheapest I see now is 125! More if you need a cape or sausage, it's ridiculous! There is a list of guys on the F&G website. I have no recommendations seems they all have issues now whether it be wrapping or using a bandsaw or hair all over it not trimmed enough you name it. I would just stick to doing it yourself much better product and much cheaper. Good luck!
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012, 06:51:21 AM by aquaassassin »
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2012, 10:42:14 AM »
another where not to go, meredith center store. not that you would anyway since you're down south...

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2012, 10:47:03 AM »
two of my good buddies process deer out in goffstown I know they do it out of ones house he has got the set up Ill find out some business contact info for you if youd like.
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
Thanks guys.  Squirrel that would be great.  I will always try and do it myself, but figured it couldn't hurt to have a plan B in the back pocket.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2012, 11:47:15 AM »
sent my buddy a text will pm you with information once I get it

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
im not tryin to be a wise ass in any way but what do you do at night? i still hunt during daylight hours and cut up my deer at night. most of the time it only takes a couple hours maybe three if your doing sausage and hamburg and your alone....if its cool enough nothin says it all has to be done at once. often times my sausage or hamburger meat gets vaccume sealed in bulk and unground untill i find the time to do it. good luck on the butchering

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
ADROCK sending you a pm right now

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:22:16 AM »
im not tryin to be a wise ass in any way but what do you do at night? i still hunt during daylight hours and cut up my deer at night. most of the time it only takes a couple hours maybe three if your doing sausage and hamburg and your alone....if its cool enough nothin says it all has to be done at once. often times my sausage or hamburger meat gets vaccume sealed in bulk and unground untill i find the time to do it. good luck on the butchering

I'll probably always wind up doing it myself.  Occasionally work takes me on the road, hard to process a deer from a hotel room a couple hundred miles away :)   Just figured it wouldn't hurt to have a back up plan in a pinch that's all.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »

i can think of two examples w/out putting in much thought.  i'm sure if you really think about it, you may even come up with an example on your own  :P

a buddy was leaving friday morning to take his son and friends camping for the weekend.  he took a doe friday evening.  the weekend temp would top out in the 80's.  off to the butcher it went...

two years ago while gutting a deer i put a giant slice in my finger w/ the knife.  got the deer out and went straight to urgent care.  after stitches and all kinds of wrapping i was unable to cut up the deer myself.  off to the butcher it went...

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2012, 11:57:29 AM »
why dont you work for NASA 8) problem solving skills are incredible.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2012, 12:00:04 PM »
I'll probably always wind up doing it myself.  Occasionally work takes me on the road, hard to process a deer from a hotel room a couple hundred miles away :)   Just figured it wouldn't hurt to have a back up plan in a pinch that's all.

i understand where your coming from. failing to plan is planing to fail right?! you think they might sputter a little if you was cuttin up a deer in a hotel room ;D

Offline newfound

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »
I can give you a definate where NOT to go. Lemays in Goffstown.

No kidding..  The kids are nothing like their grandfather.

If I don't process my own, I use Tim Glaude / Tim's Custom Cutting 497-2614 Goffstown NH.  He use to be the head butcher at Shaw's.
The only thing with Tim, is he usually won't let them hang long if he's busy. But you can ask.  I like to let mine hang 3-4 days in a cooled area. 40-45degrees

good luck
NB

Offline flatlander02138

• Spiked
« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
Why not Meredith Center store I had hears good things and like $75.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »
There is a guy on rt 129 in loudon, does a real good job, all hand cut, no band saws, the only thing is, he wants you to skin em before you bring em in, I have his number is anyone is interested, pm me..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal