Author Topic: 3-legged buck down! UPDATED VIDEO ADDED  (Read 7346 times)

Offline jigchaser08

• 6 Pointer
Re: 3-legged buck down! VIDEO ADDED
« Reply #30 on: Sep 22, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »
Congrats thats awesome!!

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Sep 22, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »
that's a great story man, one you won't soon forget i'm sure. 3 legged, and, a broadhead in the shoulder and blades in the backstrap. weird..

looked like a nice shot too btw.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #32 on: Sep 22, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »
Nice video deerme been waiting to see that since I saw it while on stand. Did you use editing software to slow the shot down or is that a feature vimeo?

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Sep 22, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »
yes i used AVS Video Editor to edit the video.  it's the shareware version so it has that logo in the middle of the final video. 

windows live movie maker (free) also has slow-mo capabilities.  you should give that a try.  when i use that on the gopro's 1080P HD video and try to save my edited video as 1080P HD, my laptop processors overheat and the laptop turns off.  that will be solved once i get my PC up and running   ;D

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #34 on: Sep 22, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »
That is AMAZING!! Great Video!!  :D

Offline NHTF

• Forked
« Reply #35 on: Sep 23, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »
Great Story and Video Brian! The replay of the shot  reminds me of the movie Predator! ;D

Congrats on the Buck! ;)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #36 on: Sep 23, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »
windows live movie maker (free) also has slow-mo capabilities.  you should give that a try. 
I did not know that. That is what I used for my video but didnt see that feature. Guess I will have to mess around with it some more. I have Sony movie studio Platinum HD software I bought a while back. I feel like I need a college degree to use it and cant figure it out.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #37 on: Sep 23, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »
I did not know that. That is what I used for my video but didnt see that feature. Guess I will have to mess around with it some more. I have Sony movie studio Platinum HD software I bought a while back. I feel like I need a college degree to use it and cant figure it out.

Just google what you want to do (Sony movie studio slow motion) and there will be step by step instructions on applying it. I have Sony Vegas movie editor and I dont know what that's the features and terms they use even mean, but the online instructions are great for trimming, modifying speed, zooming, and other basic edits.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #38 on: Sep 23, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
Thanks I will give it a shot. :)

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Sep 23, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
Nice Job deerme. That is one tough sob. Do you thinking the missing leg and the broad head are from the same incident like maybe someone shot him took out the leg and shot him again?

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Sep 24, 2012, 06:12:17 AM »
Wow.  Congrats on the buck and great video.  That deer had been through a ton.  Unreal how tough they are.  Congrats again.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #41 on: Sep 25, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »
Nice Job deerme. That is one tough sob. Do you thinking the missing leg and the broad head are from the same incident like maybe someone shot him took out the leg and shot him again?

who knows...the leg issue could have been due to many things i guess? 

my cousin suggested someone shot him thruogh the back, into the shoulder.  when the arrow entered the back, the broadhead tip was loose enough for the blades to come out, then it continued into the shoulder where it stayed until eventually the buck pulled the arrow out.   sounds absurd to me :P

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Sep 25, 2012, 09:56:18 AM »
two other bucks in this piece of woods look just like the one i shot.  you think they're all the same age class?  2.5 YO?

buck 1:

buck 2:

Offline St.Croix

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #43 on: Sep 25, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »
wow, cool story. I have heard a bunch of stories over the years about butchers finding broad heads and bullets in deer that have healed up. They sure are tough critters...

Vegetarian is an indian word for bad hunter

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Sep 26, 2012, 06:10:43 PM »
ok got my computer fixed up and threw together a better video.  i zoomed in for some scenes and sped up others as well.  might have to get a camera arm.  the video would be much better if the shot didn't screw it up!

http://www.youtube.com/v/xnMJQxh1iv8

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal