Author Topic: i know this is early but....prior planning prevents a wasted season!  (Read 1310 times)

Offline daddyx2

• 6 Pointer
  • October 1st to November 26th "its prime time!!"
i just got my pheasant license for new hampshire, and i was wondering if anybody lived near Somersworth area to go out and get some pheasants on the ground. i do not have a dog (landlord reasons) but ive got the gun and the ammo and the willingness to go... i live in Alfred Maine so 20 minutes away is the border. thank you in advance!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
I live down the street from the two stocking sites in Rollinsford and the one in Dover I assume those are what you are referring too both towns touch Somersworth. I never used a dog when I was in high school and use to do it and usually got a 2 bird limit. I just walked through all the gnarly stuff. Hardest part is getting them to go airborne, I won't shoot one on the ground. I don't hunt them anymore because I got bit so bad by the whitetail bug. I can fill you in on any info though. I watch them walk under one of my stands all day every fall at my fathers, for some reason they all disperse to his house. I preferred Rollinsford over Dover way less crowded.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
dont have a dog either but my girlfriend lives in rochester so I am in the area everyweekend. I have been out only a couple times for pheasant up north with no luck but wouldnt be oppossed to trying again.
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline ol mossy horns

• Spiked
I acctualy work at the new building at the end of the rd. where you park in rollinsford and Thursdays are the stocking days.... Youll notice the 15 trucks lined up on these days :-/

Offline GRGS

• Spiked
When we use to hunt pheasants in maine, with a dog. People that did not have a dog would take up a stand somewhere near a field edge. They use to shoot a few on opening day.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
season opens sometime in october right?
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
Opens on October 1st.  I have been to a few different sites with minimal success.  I went to the one near the fish hatchery in Amherst and felt like I was in a shooting gallery.  Just not my cup of tea.  Too many people out there shooting for my liking.  I am sure if i spent the time I could find some of the sites that get hit a little less hard, but  I'd still rather take the dog and go hunt grouse and woodcock.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal