Author Topic: Good luck!  (Read 13993 times)

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
Re: Good luck!
« Reply #75 on: Sep 19, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »
I did just what deerme said with the one I got the other day. Luckily it was cool enough Sunday night that I was able to clean it out real good and pack it full of ice for the night. The next morning I checked it in then quartered it and stuck it in the fridge. Even though I could of cut it up at that point I find it a lot easier to cut the meat when its nice and cold.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #76 on: Sep 19, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »
I agree. Much nicer cutting it up after it sits in the cold for some time. I got a fridge in the basement just for that and drinks. Last year my ol ladys mother went to grab a drink out of that basement fridge and was mortified by the four quarters and backstraps in there. I bout died laughing. Needless to say her family dosent go in that fridge come fall anymore.

I would love to do that to my inlaws...   A couple of years a go they were here and I got a buck in the morning...  All my father in law said was that was a beautiful living creature a few hours ago..... :o :o   I said yup and its going to look even better on the grill.... ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #77 on: Sep 20, 2012, 07:33:08 AM »
haha that would backfire on me if I did that to my ol ladys parent her pops would take the beer and backstraps with em
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #78 on: Sep 20, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
haha that would backfire on me if I did that to my ol ladys parent her pops would take the beer and backstraps with em

LOL! Yeah he would! Saw 3 does and 2 fawns this am............
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #79 on: Sep 20, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »
nice buddy glad your seeing em makes for an entertaining night in the stand, even tho I know you hold out for the rackers!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #80 on: Sep 20, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »
Don't worry I will lift my ban on a archery doe soon enough ;D

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #81 on: Sep 20, 2012, 11:04:01 AM »
too funny, cant wait to get in the woods after work tommorow I feel like it has been forever. I pulled trail cams yesterday not one effing pic on camera batteries were reading low with brand new batteries anyway so I didnt have high hopes for that one but my new one didnt have pics either (I may have set it up wrong who knows)... This spot is behind my house where I had 3 diff bucks last yr I know they are still in there there is sign EVERYWHERE!

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #82 on: Sep 20, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »
didnt hunt lastnight or this morning. had to get skidder parts this am. got to the landing about 8am. ran out and checked my cam at my stand and sure enough, the only morning i dont hunt that big bearing doe showed up at 630 and stayed feeding on acorns untill 715. >:( all the other does and fawns came through just like clockwork too. tomarrow ill be in my tree at 530. hunting this doe is turning out to be as challenging as a big buck it seems lol. i did get to talk to a person today who owns a farm that borders this lot and was told that they havnt seen a buck around there in 3 years. they dont hunt so no reason to lie. they feed them too :o there obviously are a few around but jeezus, seems though they should lay eyes on one.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #83 on: Sep 20, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
Keep it up and she will make a mistake while you are there good luck taking her out     ;) ;)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #84 on: Sep 20, 2012, 07:21:23 PM »
Struck out tonight in my stud honeyhole wind was perfect! Saw a TON of Woodies though all around me til dark.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #85 on: Sep 20, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »

Saw a TON of Woodies though all around me til dark.

I am afraid to ask what they are??????????????????

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #86 on: Sep 20, 2012, 07:26:59 PM »
LOL! I was waiting for someone to nail me on that one, Stud honey hole and Woodies was not a good mix for my sentence ::)  LOL they are Wood ducks...........

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #87 on: Sep 20, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »
LOL! I was waiting for someone to nail me on that one, Stud honey hole and Woodies was not a good mix for my sentence ::)  LOL they are Wood ducks...........

I just have a um bent imagination at times..............and I bent a bit........knew what you was talking about however..............gutters out again and I figured it was a woodpecker............but we can grasp ducks instead of ....................

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #88 on: Sep 20, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
LOL!

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #89 on: Sep 21, 2012, 06:29:27 AM »
I think I know where you are talking about Franky, hopefully it will be good this yr last yr kinda sucked

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal