Author Topic: ordered a camera for the bow!  (Read 6151 times)

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
Re: ordered a camera for the bow!
« Reply #15 on: Jul 31, 2012, 09:51:07 AM »
got the cam and mount in yesterday.  the cam will do just fine in 1080P with the NARROW view. 

turns out the HERO2 outdoor package doesn't include a standard tripod screw hole mount.  they have their own mounting system...

so, i need to get one before i can mount it on my bow.

but the bowfinger bow cam mount is GREAT.  i'll have no issues keeping the cam out of harms way.

some cool features for this cam are you can mute all control sounds, turn off all LED indicators, and enable a "one-touch" recording where the camera goes from powered off to recording 1080P HD video w/ one press of a button.

i'll get some footage up as soon as i get the new mount...

http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Tripod-Mount-HERO-Cameras/dp/B002RCLYXG
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2012, 09:52:16 AM by deerme »

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #16 on: Jul 31, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
turns out the HERO2 outdoor package doesn't include a standard tripod screw hole mount.  they have their own mounting system...
Thats cruddy. Cant wait to see how the video is.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Jul 31, 2012, 06:18:49 PM »
if i knew how to put vids on i could easily do a bow mounted vid as an example......

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #18 on: Jul 31, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »
if i knew how to put vids on i could easily do a bow mounted vid as an example......
I think you still use the img code on photobucket. Copy and paste that to the post here then hit preview. The video should pop up. Hope this helps

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 01, 2012, 03:46:41 AM »

Them are going to be cool ;D ;D

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Aug 01, 2012, 06:40:28 AM »

Go to www.vimeo.com and create a free account. Upload your video in HD so the quality stays. Then just paste a link to the video.

Offline newfound

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Aug 01, 2012, 01:12:59 PM »
I have the GoPro Hero2 as well.  Wear it snowboarding,skiing,diving,waterskiing,reeling in fish, etc.  I'll have to try the bow mount.  I wouldn't mount it on a firearm.(won't take the recoil).  We mounted it on a 4x4 post and let my son hit it with a paintball.  The camera still records, but the front LCD screen couldn't take the shock of being hit with the paintball even inside the plastic case.. The LCD cracked.  It's also been underwater as deep as 100'.  Thankfully, it was covered under warranty and we got a new one.  I would suggest if hunting in a stand that you not only have the bow mount, but also have another CAM with zoom mounted to the stand.  I plan on making a backpack with plywood inside and PVC tubing mounted to it so I can record myself stalking deer or angle the PVC so it records my shooting lane.  You can search on youtube..  gopro backpack mount.

Good Luck
NB

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Aug 01, 2012, 01:46:32 PM »
I have the GoPro Hero2 as well.  Wear it snowboarding,skiing,diving,waterskiing,reeling in fish, etc.  I'll have to try the bow mount.  I wouldn't mount it on a firearm.(won't take the recoil).  We mounted it on a 4x4 post and let my son hit it with a paintball.  The camera still records, but the front LCD screen couldn't take the shock of being hit with the paintball even inside the plastic case.. The LCD cracked.  It's also been underwater as deep as 100'.  Thankfully, it was covered under warranty and we got a new one.  I would suggest if hunting in a stand that you not only have the bow mount, but also have another CAM with zoom mounted to the stand.  I plan on making a backpack with plywood inside and PVC tubing mounted to it so I can record myself stalking deer or angle the PVC so it records my shooting lane.  You can search on youtube..  gopro backpack mount.

Good Luck
NB

i like the idea of the backpack mount, but there's no way it would last while sneaking through thick woods, wouldn't you think? 

not really interested in recording any gun hunts.  if i did i'd probably use a gorrilapod attached to the climber armrest...

no way will i be dealing w/ a second cam in my stand!  it's going to be hard enough remembering to turn this one on when the moment arrives LOL

i really think the HQ 1080p narrow view combined with video editing software (slow-mo and digital zoom) will bring the picture in nice and close for the pass-through  ;D ;D

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #23 on: Aug 01, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »

Good Luck
NB

Well it sounds like you've used it every way you could think of or have you?

Peddler  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Peddler

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Aug 04, 2012, 06:23:08 AM »
ill see about getting a vid up today after i get back from swapping cam cards. wahoo!

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Aug 04, 2012, 06:28:51 AM »
Yes!!!  Hoping for more pics of the monsters!!!!

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Aug 04, 2012, 09:01:19 AM »
those two didnt show this trip. kinda bummed. i moved one cam about 100 yds over, see how that spot works. not sure if the infrered blinking was bothering them or not. the last few pics i had they were really checking the cam out..???

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Aug 05, 2012, 06:46:31 AM »
those two didnt show this trip. kinda bummed. i moved one cam about 100 yds over, see how that spot works. not sure if the infrered blinking was bothering them or not. the last few pics i had they were really checking the cam out..???

here's some great info on trail cam placement...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQUSR5BdIk&feature=youtu.be

Offline newfound

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Aug 05, 2012, 08:42:57 AM »
Interesting video.. thanks for sharing.. time to start mounting these puppies up high.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Aug 05, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
pretty cool video

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal