Author Topic: errol nh.  (Read 7582 times)

Offline woodsman

• Spiked
errol nh.
« on: Mar 30, 2006, 01:20:53 PM »
anyone hunt up in the town of errol??..I've been hunting there for 25+ years and have taken four deer over the 200lb. category..my biggest was a nine point 233lbs dressed..i hunt in the second college grant are off diamond pond road..they have started to log in my favorite spot,,was wondering if anyone has a better area to search out...thanks..
woodsman

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
Re: errol nh.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2006, 04:32:41 AM »
woodsman,
                 I can not help you being from Wyoming. But 200lb deer are huge, what hogs.
Also I have a brother that had a home built near Lake Winnipesaukee a couple of years ago. He is planning on retiring there soon. I can't wait to make a trip back there to visit him he tells me it is beautiful there. I'll have to make a fall trip the changing of the colors.
                 Hey welcome to this site!  It is pretty slow around here. off season.

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2006, 04:57:58 AM »
woodsman,
                I think you would like this. On this Forum go to the Category ( Bowhunting) and under the subject 412lb Whitetail look at that hog deer. That is the biggest deer I have ever seen. I believe it is a real picture.

Offline woodsman

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:51:21 AM »
woodsman,
Also I have a brother that had a home built near Lake Winnipesaukee a couple of years ago. He is planning on retiring there soon. I can't wait to make a trip back there to visit him he tells me it is beautiful there. I'll have to make a fall trip the changing of the colors.
               HEY BIG ICE THANKS FOR THE WELCOME TO THE SITE..YOU WILL LOVE NEWHAMPSHIRE..IT IS A BEAUTIFULL STATE..YES 200 LB. DEER ARE BIG..AND WE HAVE OUR SHARE OF THEM HERE..WHERE I HUNT IN ERROL IT IS MOSTLY MOUNTAINS, WHICH IS WHERE I FIND THE BIG BOYS...I CHECKED OUT THAT 412 POUNDER WOW THAT THING IS HUGE!!!!!!
woodsman

Offline FIRESTORMHTR

• Forked
  • 8 Point
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2006, 05:23:18 PM »
anyone hunt up in the town of errol??..I've been hunting there for 25+ years and have taken four deer over the 200lb. category..my biggest was a nine point 233lbs dressed..i hunt in the second college grant are off diamond pond road..they have started to log in my favorite spot,,was wondering if anyone has a better area to search out...thanks..
hey woodsman,Its been Afew years since i've hunted that area,my ex brother inlaw has a camp on bear rock road in stewarts town,
 I was talking to him the other day and he said that the land and building on big diamond ond have been sold to a developer,i went on the web sight to check it out,i see they are selling there rental cabins for around 250,000.And they plan on putting in a condo develoment.Right there will be lot of nice hunting gone.its to bad,I'm going to try and hunt there this year and get another wall hanger.My brother in law tagged anice one a few years ago with muzzleloader and still holds the NH record.(9  points, 277 lbs.)Well good luck this year and shoot straight.
Dave

Offline FIRESTORMHTR

• Forked
  • 8 Point
« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2006, 05:27:46 PM »
woodsman,
Big Ice,You will love it here,I live about an hour from there,fish there accouple time during turniments,waters crystal clear.And yes the fall colors are unbelievable,should be a good year for color.Good luck
Dave

Offline woodsman

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2006, 01:00:24 PM »
hey woodsman,Its been Afew years since i've hunted that area,my ex brother inlaw has a camp on bear rock road in stewarts town,
 I was talking to him the other day and he said that the land and building on big diamond ond have been sold to a developer,i went on the web sight to check it out,i see they are selling there rental cabins for around 250,000.And they plan on putting in a condo develoment.Right there will be lot of nice hunting gone.its to bad,I'm going to try and hunt there this year and get another wall hanger.My brother in law tagged anice one a few years ago with muzzleloader and still holds the NH record.(9  points, 277 lbs.)Well good luck this year and shoot straight.
             WOW!!! 277 now thats a real beauty...I have seen a few up there that i think might have gone that weight but you know how hard it is to judge anything over the 200lb. mark in the woods..Yup,too bad about all this building going on and logging,  altho the logging after a few years does creat some nice second growth for the deer.Now the condo's well that another thing..Good luck this season...Keep the wind in your face,walk slowwwwwwwwly and quietly and scan the woodland terraine 360 degrees and i'm sure you will fill up your wall...And freezer!!
woodsman

Offline woodsman

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2006, 07:20:16 AM »
I was up to errol last weekend and just cannot believe all the logging thats going on...Also as you drive through errol towards colebrook ther is land that has been cleared for sale all along route 26...To bad..I have found another place to hunt in the 2nd collegte grant area..Found some nice rubs on some good sized trees and fresh sign...enough to give it a try....
woodsman

Offline Thomas

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2007, 11:21:47 AM »
Afternoon Woodsman.
Use to hunt Errol area...Dartmouth College Grant section...ooohhh about 80-86,darn good hunting than.

Offline JF5

• Nubbie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:11:21 AM »
I have stayed at the sportsman in the past three winters for ice fishing.

I understand they are selling the cabins and Inn , but I didn't know there would be allot of development beyond the immediate area. I guess that not the case??

Lots of nice country up there. I'd like to hunt deer up in that area someday. The ride from Colebrook to the Maine border is fantastic.

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2008, 01:51:30 PM »
Grafton Notch is beutiful country. I have a camp in E. Andover, ME

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal