Author Topic: Redemption Buck!(UPDATE MOUNT BACK! 9/22/11)  (Read 10324 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Redemption Buck!(UPDATE MOUNT BACK! 9/22/11)
« on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »
well guys, long story short on mon. the 8th for the first time in my life I hit a buck without recovering it :(. I lost some serious sleep and a lot of my sanity over it, and made a promise to myself after putting many many man hrs. in searching for him that he was in fact still alive and I would find him and finish him off bc I owed him that favor. I hunted this one buck every day last week passing up numerous other bucks waiting for one more chance at him and it arrived on sunday afternoon. At 3pm I grunted him in and he locked up out of sight but I could hear him raking a tree and grunting so I hit him with the snort wheeze and he came charging in! I thought to myself MAN that rack looks familiar and then it clicked, he was limping too, it was him! at about 85 yds. I smoked him in his tracks he didnt budge when that new deerslayer stuck him hard in the shoulder and the hunt for the buck that had been ruining my life for a week was over. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. 7pt. with a 17 in. spread and dressed 145 no monster by any means but I couldnt wish for anything better. Here are some pics of me and my beautiful daughter who gave me the confidence to keep going for him when I would come home depressed every night and she would run to me with open arms saying your gonna get him daddy dont be sad.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2011, 05:39:54 PM by aquaassassin »
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline swillerjig

• 6 Pointer
  • Ducks and Bucks
Re: Redemption Buck!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »
Glad you got him ;)  Preety nice buck if you ask me congrats

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
Great story and great buck...   Congratulations AA...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:31:13 AM »
nice buck AA - congrats!  way to put the time in and be patient!!!!!!!  can't believe he was STILL getting around after the .50 cal shot!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »
Great Job Man!  That is a real nice buck,   not many of us get the chance to redeem ourselfs after a mishap,, perhaps you earned that chance...

Offline salmon44

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2010, 12:02:07 PM »
That's awesome, your little girl gave you the luck & persistence you needed to close the deal, nice job, congrats!

Offline griff

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2010, 12:06:15 PM »
Congratulation !!!!! great pictures

halfrack33

« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
Congrats! That must feel amazing, I'm in the same exact situation but havent been so fortunate as to find him again. Best kill I've seen all year just because of that

Offline waterfowlah

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:27:49 PM »
 :) Nice deer.  Way to hang in there. where did you hit him with the first shot??

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:30:49 PM »
Congratulations, bet you'll get some good sleep now. That's a great buck to me, and a great ending to the long story.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »
hey guys thanks for all the comments they are much appreciated! Upon further inspection the reason the last shot didnt work out was bc I am notorious for taking those high shoulder scapula shots that just drop them stone cold, well placement was a few inches to far forward and I just broke down the shoulder and didnt hit anything vital.

Offline waterfowlah

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:51:46 PM »
I had a Buddy lose one for the same reason. Do I know where that one came from ?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:52:35 PM »
yes you do ;)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2010, 02:10:42 PM »
Shaazam! Very cool aquaassassin congrats. How long are those main beams on that guy?

Offline waterfowlah

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2010, 02:18:19 PM »
Saw one running out of there across the big field on my way to work yesterday. didnt have time to stop and check out. headed towards where they bed for the day. had kinda of a funny gate to its run.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal