Author Topic: When is it going to stop?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline TJ Bauer

• Forked
  • LIVE LIFE, HUNT, BE SAFE, AND HAVE FUN
When is it going to stop?
« on: Aug 31, 2005, 01:57:01 PM »
I went to fill my truck up with gas today and I put in 14 gallons and it costed me $43.00. which is $2.90 per gallon which is not bad from what I heard in other places but pretty soon here people and going to pay more in gas than what they make per day at work would that be pretty sad if you had to quit your job because it costed you more to get there than what you make. One guy I know goes throw $200 in gas per week and brings home $400 per week it s getting bad when half your paycheck goes to gas. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP?

Offline need2hunt

• 6 Pointer
Re: When is it going to stop?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2005, 07:57:37 AM »
We have to do something to pressure the governments to take action.  The world would be a better place if we weren't dependant on fossil fuels.  There is no excuse for our dependence, the technology is there, but it will take pressure from the government to force the changes.  I have started taking the bus whenever possible and have started walking to and from grocery shopping pretty much everyday(could use the exercise before hunting season anyway).  If fuel prices continue to rise, it'll be an expensive hunting season.  I might have to settle for staying close to home as much as possible and settling for the first deers I see.
If it can't get done outdoors, it isn't going to get done!

Offline TJ Bauer

• Forked
  • LIVE LIFE, HUNT, BE SAFE, AND HAVE FUN
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2005, 02:00:39 PM »
I know hunting season is now upon us here in Minnesota and I am getting very sad thinking about not going duck hunting every morning like I have in the past a person just can not afford it.

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2005, 03:04:29 PM »
We need to drill alaska, we need to tell these environmentalists to go take a hike, they are really one of the big problems, then we need to find another kind of fuel, becuase the technology is there, it just has to be used.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2005, 03:34:28 PM »
Whoa dude let's not go crazy. Drill alaska? You've obviously never been to Alaska......you don't want to drill there. You think you're paying money for gas? We're paying $1.18 a litre which works out to almost $5 a gallon. Environmentalists are bad, conservationists are good. Make sure you know the difference. The eco freaks obviously don't want any drilling but neither do the outfitters, hunters and fishermen. It's funny that we pay so much here when the richest oilsands in the world are next door in Alberta :'(
KRIS
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline deerslayer92163

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2005, 08:00:33 AM »
the problem with the fuel prices are the gov isnt pressuring opec like they should be they spend to much time trying to clean up to many other peoples messes instead of worrying about the homelands and there just arent enough refineries to keep the prices competetive when things happen like they did in the gulf coast that shuts down refineries the need exceeds demand and we pay for it sell some of that oil in iraq rebuild that country and get the h#ll out of there instead of taking billions of dollars from our tax payers to pay for it its driving our country into a recession alll of these expenses are just passed on to you and me the consumer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal