Author Topic: Big Buck near my stand  (Read 5053 times)

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
Re: Big Buck near my stand
« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2010, 09:45:22 AM »
awesome pics!  thanks for sharing!!!!

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Sep 24, 2010, 12:04:51 PM »
Real nice pics!  Good luck with that big one this fall.  I wish I dared leave anything of value strapped to a tree these days, just to much stuff stolen from me to even bother trying anymore.

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Sep 30, 2010, 07:57:15 AM »
Real nice pics!  Good luck with that big one this fall.  I wish I dared leave anything of value strapped to a tree these days, just to much stuff stolen from me to even bother trying anymore.
I hear ya it sucks. So far this year I haven't lost anything but my dad lost a camera and a stand. I went to check a buddies stand with him and it was gone, We followed  Atv tracks right to a guys house and there it was up against his garage. When we confronted him about it this is what he said "Its been there all year and nobody was using it(no kidding it wasn't deer season) so I took it so nobody would steal it" what a scum bag.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #18 on: Sep 30, 2010, 08:05:47 AM »
I hear ya it sucks. So far this year I haven't lost anything but my dad lost a camera and a stand. I went to check a buddies stand with him and it was gone, We followed  Atv tracks right to a guys house and there it was up against his garage. When we confronted him about it this is what he said "Its been there all year and nobody was using it(no kidding it wasn't deer season) so I took it so nobody would steal it" what a scum bag.
First did you get the stand back after you confronted him? If not I hope you and your buddy knocked some sense into him. Man that would have set me off. >:(

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
Oh ya we got the stand back, Hung it back and the same spot and told him he better hope it doesn't come up missing again.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2010, 09:03:56 AM »
Oh ya we got the stand back, Hung it back and the same spot and told him he better hope it doesn't come up missing again.

Glad to hear it.

Offline pipes18079

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »
Man what is wrong with people these days

Offline 44MAG

• Spiked
  • Nashua, NH
« Reply #22 on: Oct 04, 2010, 06:12:21 PM »
 That's OK
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2010, 08:42:18 PM by 44MAG »
Mathews Monster XLR8 - 28" Draw / 65 lbs / 336 fps
Carbon Express Hunter - 250 & G5 - 100 gr Tekan
G5 - Optix XR2 Sights / Fuse Axium Stabilizer / QAD HD Rest
Scott Rhino XT Release / Bow Force Mapped

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #23 on: Oct 04, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »
Seems like its happening more and more.. Thats to bad 44..  Good luck on your trip out here.. Hope to see some pictures..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline waterfowlah

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Oct 05, 2010, 07:50:50 AM »
I hear your pain, Ive lost two stands recently. Same deal, they better hope I never see them in my stand. I etch my name on all my stuff. always in a odd spot so even if they grind it off Ill now its mine.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #25 on: Oct 05, 2010, 08:13:24 AM »
I'm just afraid at some point, the public is going to start with their own justice.(not that I'm against making someone pay for what they did)
I've had them stolen as well. Sucks!!
The really sad part is we pay more and more for law enforcement yet there really isn't much they can or will do. Until you can make an insurance company
pay for your loss, then they would start making it a big deal....
I would start by monitoring C/L 44, you may find it for sale, if it was just recently stolen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal