Author Topic: what kind of shape do you feel the herd in N.H.is in  (Read 9304 times)

Offline longbeardking

• Forked
Re: what kind of shape do you feel the herd in N.H.is in
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2009, 05:20:33 PM »
being a Nh native for all my life and now attending Unity College and being 3/4 done with my bachelors in conservation law and another in wildlife management, we discuss NH often..... I agree with NH having expanded in Unit M.  And having a residents only day, or even week.  The NH deer herd is in real trouble. anyone that doesnt realize that needs to pull the wool away from there eyes.  I chose Conservation law so i can help prevent threads like this from even becoming an issue on MHF...I graduate in 2010, hopefully i can get a job with NH F and G and try and make your words known!

The trouble with NHF&G is that is has trouble doing it's job and keeping politics from overwhelming it. It is not their fault, it is the fault of the state and not funding the department the way it should be funded. We can't have a deer herd that is larger than the carrying capacity of the habitat. Sad thing is that habits is shrinking every month. I don't know what the answer is but I admire you for speaking up and stepping up to do something. Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal