Author Topic: Getting the itch  (Read 3135 times)

Offline flopumrdsxpats

• Nubbie
Getting the itch
« on: Jul 31, 2008, 09:20:56 AM »
Is anyone else getting the itch to get out in the woods yet cuz i know i am. Ive got a bunch of deer cam pics ill post for you guys in the near future. There should be some really big dear taken this year between the mast crop and all the acorns and apples that are everywhere. Anyone on here hunt the plymouth/rumney area??

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
Re: Getting the itch
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »
Im going nuts! these magazine articles are killing me. I need to get out in the woods and hunt!!!!!
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

Offline Jiffy Man

• Forked
    • Seacoast Guide Service
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2008, 05:45:09 AM »
Amen, it's like counting down the days until x-mas

Offline Big buck tracker

• 6 Pointer
  • Let the little ones live
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2008, 05:32:46 PM »
me too guys.  I'm dying.  How's the deer herd in the northern reaches of New Hampshire.  I'm debating coming down that last week of your rifle season in december to do some tracking. 

Offline Jiffy Man

• Forked
    • Seacoast Guide Service
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2008, 04:59:11 PM »
me too guys.  I'm dying.  How's the deer herd in the northern reaches of New Hampshire.  I'm debating coming down that last week of your rifle season in december to do some tracking. 
Fish & game says it is way down. The northern most zone has antler point restrictions and a shorter season...Tim

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
Ive been checking three sites with trail cams and have seen quite a few in the last two weeks. I shot three coyotes in the last four times out doing some field glassing.

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
  • New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2008, 08:52:48 PM »
I have a few more weekends of bass fishing before I start the 50/50 split of scout a day, fish a day.  I got a good deal on a muzzleloader ($50 inline with a scope).  So even though I didn't get a bow this year as I hoped, I at least get an extended season to some degree.

Tim, are you/did you get a unit M permit this year?

Offline Jiffy Man

• Forked
    • Seacoast Guide Service
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »
Tim, are you/did you get a unit M permit this year?

Yep, got it online. Went scouting/shooting my bow yesterday. Dialed in pretty well. Set up a trail camera too...tick tock...tick tock...is it hunting season yet?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal