Author Topic: Moose Hunt  (Read 12320 times)

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
Re: Moose Hunt
« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2007, 02:17:02 PM »
Thanks Wyohunter,
                            You are right, it is not your typical Moose country. I really thought that the Moose would be a pretty easy hunt until I got to the hunt area. As you know this country is definitely different it has a little of everything.  WOW the nice Elk and Mule deer and Antelope it has it all.
            People often ask me how I catch the fish I do and I tell them. The more time you have your line in the water the better chances you have in catching a big fish. I knew the more time I put into this hunt the better chances I would have in getting a Moose and a little luck doesn't hurt. I feel very fortunate just to be able to hunt and very lucky to live in this beautiful State. 
Thanks for all your help!
                                  BI                                                                                                               

Offline BottomDweller

• 6 Pointer
  • rocky mountain ninja
« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2007, 03:30:19 PM »
nice job B/I.  speaking of boiling skulls, have any of you guys heard of people ruining the skull's integrity through that process, with the skull becoming spongy or unstable?  i've kind of been scared of it in the past.
~it's a stump, it's a tree, no it's me~

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 26, 2007, 08:56:39 PM »
Thanks BD, About boiling skulls I have never had it happen, but I believe like Milton probably from boiling the skull to long.

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 27, 2007, 05:49:34 PM »
you guys are right on. I found that a light boil is best. Just an acasional bubble is what you want, not a hot rolling boil. Leave it in 20 to 30 min and remove to scrape off meat for a while and then repeat. Put some Dawn dish detergent so the fat wont stick to the bone.

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
  • "You can run big boy, but you'll just die tired."
« Reply #19 on: Oct 27, 2007, 07:42:47 PM »
Whooooa! Way to go Big Ice! What a bull! Congrats!  ;D
                                                                     ICE/LT
"There are two types of men, those who live to hunt and those who gather the firewood."

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Oct 27, 2007, 08:03:21 PM »
Thanks icensnowmonster! It might not be the biggest Bull in the woods, but it's way big enough for me. Thanks LT

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 27, 2007, 08:19:42 PM »
Waaay big enough for me fer sure,  ;D
"There are two types of men, those who live to hunt and those who gather the firewood."

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Oct 27, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »
Big Ice,
 Great pic and a very nice bull. I was getting worried that I might have led you astray getting you to put in down there. It's deffinently not your normal moose country.
Wyohunter

So that's where you've been WH, guiding Mr. Big Ice...wanna coach me over in PInedale? Clock's ticking down on my general elk tag. You guys doing Ocean again this year?  ;D
                                                                             ICE/LT

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Oct 27, 2007, 08:31:54 PM »
I would like to try and make it over your way to do some ice fishing this winter if possible. I am not going to make Mooters get together at Boysen I will be working the end of January.
     I did meet Wyohunter Moose hunting for a couple of days during archery season. Heck of a nice guy! Wyohunter post some pictures on this site of your trophies!

Offline BottomDweller

• 6 Pointer
  • rocky mountain ninja
« Reply #24 on: Oct 30, 2007, 07:33:50 AM »
wyohunter, post 'em dude!
~it's a stump, it's a tree, no it's me~

Offline wyohunter

• Spiked
« Reply #25 on: Nov 01, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »
So that's where you've been WH, guiding Mr. Big Ice...wanna coach me over in PInedale? Clock's ticking down on my general elk tag. You guys doing Ocean again this year?  ;D
                                                                             ICE/LT
LOL, As far as a guide Big Ice probley would have fired me, the couple days I was down there with him we never saw a moose, lots of deer and elk ,oh and prarie chickens but no moose, He found that big ole bull with lots of effort and hard work. The best way to describe the country down there is Huge with a few moose scattered around and most in places that you would never think a moose would live. Looking at your pics LT I might have tocome to Pinedale and let you coach me ;), I want to try and make it to the Boysen tourney this year for the get togather, and a day or two on ocean also.
Wyohunter

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Nov 01, 2007, 12:49:15 PM »
...it'll be good to see you guys again, looking forward to it, BTW, I've got the wallys at Ocean figured out, get with me in advance, laters,
                                                                                                                 LT

Offline Mooter

• 6 Pointer
  • NICE RACK
« Reply #27 on: Nov 02, 2007, 04:31:48 PM »
...it'll be good to see you guys again, looking forward to it, BTW, I've got the wallys at Ocean figured out, get with me in advance, laters,
                                                                                                                 LT

me to me to

You should have seen the one I let get away.
PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/link.php?id=TW9vdGVy

Offline elkcrazedfrk

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Nov 02, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »
Guess I know who I'll be fish'n with ;D  bye the way thats a dang fine bull big ice,one to be proud of for sure.

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Nov 03, 2007, 01:15:04 PM »
me to me to

...more the merrier Moot, no kiddin' I slayed em last year once I figured the lil devils out...lost some hogs too  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal