Author Topic: Shot deer this weekend. Just not with a bow :(  (Read 1959 times)

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Nubbie
Shot deer this weekend. Just not with a bow :(
« on: Sep 17, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »
well my unfailable spot failed me both sat and sun. sat on stand both nights. first day from 1pm till dark and the second day 4pm till dark. NO deer. lots of turkey though. One night about 5 of them roosted in the tree I was sitting in about 5 yards above me! Plenty off deer both mornings. Drew once on a doe but she ran away. Had a skip at 15 yards but it was WAY to small for me. only about 50lbs or so. That was it for the weekend. 8 deer total. thismorning I had to head home. slept in till 9am. took a quick field drive before I was going to leave and sure enough 7 deer in the field! Got out got the cami's on and snuck out to the edge of the corn. they stayed about 60yards away and were working their way to the woods. So I split and went way down the road to try to get infront of them. on my walk through the woods to the back of the field I got busted by 2 doe's..... of course! Made my way to the back of the field and though, they must still be in the field. So I knocked my arrow and proceeded to sidestep to a tree I was going to sit at when 3 deer went crashing through the woods! They were already out of the field and crossed the trail I was on. 3 more remained in the brush about 30yds or so. I froze and so did they. They didnt like this new tree in the middle of the trail that they were sure wasnt there 5 minutes ago but after a half hour they decided to continue on and they walked off. tried to get infront of them again with no luck. So I called it a day. Headed back to get my stuff and off I went! Hahaha and the torture continues. Not even .1 miles down the road and there stood 6 more deer in a different field no more than 30yrds off the road! My wife would kill me if I spent any more time hunting so I drove back by them one more time for a photo shoot instead! ITS DEER SEASON AGAIN!

~Stefan~

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal