Author Topic: Ate m tag  (Read 6456 times)

Offline sirlambsalot

• Spiked
Ate m tag
« on: Dec 08, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »
I ate my m tag tonight twice. I just feel like the Seacoast has just been cleaned out.  I have. A feeling that all these deer reported shot in places like Greenland and rye are shot in other town and Checked. In at suds n soda and hunters just report these two towns. I have lived in Greenland my whole life and shoot deer every year but there is now way there were 6 deer per sq mile killed in Greenland last year. I would like to see m tags go away for a few years.
Lamber hammer.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
Re: Ate m tag
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2013, 08:28:07 PM »
I too ate my M tag this year, I have only gotten a M tag one other time a few years back and I dont think I will be getting 1 again. I too dont believe there are a excess of deer in zone M, maybe in a few areas but certainly not where I was hunting. I agree with you about making the M tags go away.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
guys, one week left of archery...keep at it, you never know!!!

Offline gorilla head

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
The state makes too much money on that M tag business. I only bought one, just for the fact that I hunt in zone M most of the time and you have a chance to fill your freezer and then look for big buck, if in fact you don't get him first. I think instead of making M tags go away you will see them have more zones with tags just because of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it is a shame  but I really don't think it is about management of the herd as much as they want us to believe. just this mans opinion.
GH

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »
I agree, I refuse to buy them. It's sad to think I hope for bad winters here so we never see extra doe tags in L. I don't want it turning into the S*** show that M has. Along with that fact the northern reaches of L have less deer than the coastline areas. 
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2013, 11:15:21 AM »
I have to agree with gorrila head a AA here, its all about the $$$$$ and nothing to do with herd management and since I dont really hunt zone M I feel guilty adding the the S____ show as AA so nicely put it. So, from here on out I will stick to my little not so secret spot in J2 and be happy with my 1 deer. I live alone and really, 1 lasts me quite a while in the freezer. There are other states I can go to that have way more deer the we do.

Offline St.Croix

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »
I live in unit M and only hunted it once on opening day of muzzle. During the few hours I was in the woods I think I spent more time on the deck than actually hunting. Shots were going off all around me. Down right scary and dangerous if you ask me. Not only that but you also have to worry about dirt bags stealing your cameras and tree stands too. I'm done hunting during firearm season in unit M. I spent the rest of the season in J2 and only saw one other hunter and just as many deer as previous years in unit M. That's a little more like it!

Vegetarian is an indian word for bad hunter

Offline gorilla head

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »
Let's be fair to unit M. That is not the only place that they steal your stands and cameras. And I would say with out fear of being wrong that the cameras and stands that are being stole, if you could catch the S.O.B.'s the thieves most likely come from other zones. As far as hitting the deck because of hunters again you would have to ask where are these hunters coming from? there is crazy all through the state. I grew up in NH but now live elsewhere  and have hunted in most of the zones and have seen good and bad in all of them. I think perhaps there may be a little more ruckus happening in zone M because of the M tag, but compare it to ice fishing where is more breaking into bob houses? In the lakes region. Why? more people. So I don't think it is fair for people to just bash Zone M or the hunters that live in that area. I think that you would find them just as responsible and caring as the rest of the guys in the state. And the same with the out of staters , some like my self who are Native to New Hampshire. This is just my  un-bias opinion.
GH   

Offline Swampdonkey

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
Where the hell in M are you guys hunting? You guys make it sound like Beruit. I like the M tags. See plenty of deer and no more hunters than anywhere else I have ever hunted.

Offline gorilla head

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2013, 04:39:29 PM »
Where the hell in M are you guys hunting? You guys make it sound like Beruit. I like the M tags. See plenty of deer and no more hunters than anywhere else I have ever hunted.

Don't you know, that if you live south of route 101 you are just irresponsible, Sound shooters and thieves.

Offline The Butcher

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »
I love hunting unit M!!!

Yea there are more people, but I like that...

Many times deer need to be moved around because they don't do it by themselves, or at least not during daylight.

I have spots that I hunt before muzzleloader and I have spots I can't wait to hunt after people start stinking and stirring up the woods.

I buy my m tags every year, but never use them. I spend a lot on gas, cameras, and time to hunt. $26 to fish and game.... I spend money many worse ways than that...

I hunt hard to find the does and to keep myself where they are going to be. At some point they are going to bring in one sporting a bone hat.

I have no problem with people hunting does especially to fill a freezer. I think any deer in NH is a trophy!
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2013, 06:38:57 PM by The Butcher »

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2013, 03:30:13 AM »
I have a love/hate relationship with the M tag. I live a stones throw away from the M zone.(Literally) So half of my spots are in M and other half is in L. Some of my spots I can only hunt during archery season because once muzzle come around it get to busy for my liking. I buy both M tags every year and usually fill a least one of them. I like the fact that I can take a extra doe or 2 with my bow to fill the freezer and save my archery tags to hunt different zones.  3 deer in the freezer is about what my family eats each year so having those tags help. They do make a ton of money from these tags. I would like to see them cut the amount of tags in half. If money is the reason thats a shame but I would gladly pay twice as much for the tag if they only gave half as many.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2013, 06:26:43 AM by bassranger »

Offline waterfowlah

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2013, 08:10:03 AM »
If its necessary to have M tags? which I don't think it is. I would like to see them Break Zone M into several pieces M1 M2 M3 ect.  I hunt mostly the Seacoast,
Its where I grew up and have most permission to hunt, We do have a lot Hunters, But the lack of deer is My biggest concern ,I think By breaking M into several zones we can ease up the pressure where its needed.

Offline sirlambsalot

• Spiked
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »
When I said I ate it I already filled 1 earlier this season but let two go by me at 15 yards half hour apart.  I have hunted the Seacoast my hole life and just see the heard has be thinned down hugely.  Some guys down her think there ace hunters when they have permission to hunted some posted  piece of land where deer have all been pushed into, but I can tell you numbers are way down where I hunt. I tried to help get a friend  a deer by pushing,( not how I prefer to hunt) , he has never shot a deer, I bushwacked all kinds of pieces I used to push deer out of all the time in the  past and hardly see tracks in these spots anymore. There is way to much pressure down here, it's tough to hunt other places with a young family and demanding job, but I have gone limp about hunting down here in the Seacoast.  I used to have a raget.
Lamber hammer.

Offline MEhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »
The guys that are worried about too many M tags should just buy more and burn them. Don't stop buying them, that just lets someone else that wants to shoot a doe buy it. I say buy them up and don't use them if you're concerned about the herd numbers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal