Author Topic: Good ethics?pics added  (Read 14168 times)

Offline Fishcaptain1

• Spiked
Good ethics?pics added
« on: Dec 05, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »
Was in the treestand last night and 3:45 I looked and saw a nice buck coming I got ready to shoot and caught something out of the corner of my eye I looked and saw a coyote. I thought for a second and decided to shoot the coyote instead. Now I am wondering if I did the right thing it would have been the biggest buck I have shot but the coyote is dead and will never he another deer again I am happy with my decision. What would you have done?
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2013, 03:02:45 AM by Fishcaptain1 »

Offline whistleoink

• Nubbie
Re: Good ethics?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »
Was in the treestand last night and 3:45 I looked and saw a nice buck coming I got ready to shoot and caught something out of the corner of my eye I looked and saw a coyote. I thought for a second and decided to shoot the coyote instead. Now I am wondering if I did the right thing it would have been the biggest buck I have shot but the coyote is dead and will never he another deer again I am happy with my decision. What would you have done?

Offline whistleoink

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
I would have done the same thing.

Offline CJiceaddict

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2013, 01:19:40 PM »

I admire your decision and don't disagree with it- however I'm not sure I would have been able to pass on a nice shooter deer. Granted I don't get out as much as some and just seeing a deer is a big deal most years

CJ

Offline Buckfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2013, 01:57:14 PM »
shoot them both  ;D but good decision

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2013, 02:17:04 PM »
i honestly would have shot the buck, but nice job shooting the yote!

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2013, 02:43:47 PM »
I would have shot the buck.  If you wanna get into ethics i hope you didn't just leave the yote there. 

Offline sniperwolf

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2013, 03:02:21 PM »
I would have shot the buck.  If you wanna get into ethics i hope you didn't just leave the yote there.
I second that!!

Offline griff

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »
would have shot the buck and then shot a coyote tomorrow when  it came back to examine the gut pile

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »
I would have shot the buck, because that is what I was hunting for. A old timer once told me, after I shot a grouse and missed a opportunity on a nice buck. He said, were you hunting deer or grouse? So, if i were hunting coyote i would have shot the dog. Deer hunting, shoot the deer..
 All in all I am just givin ya grief, but, I would have shot the deer and come back on another day and called in the coyote and shot it.

Offline Huntingathering-n-ME

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2013, 05:51:40 PM »
It was your decision completely, I can't see how we could knock you either way, I probably woulda done the same as you. Everything comes full circle, you still may get a shot at a bigger buck! My brother found a doe that someone who already had their deer this year had shot high in the hind qtr, followed aways and left blood trail. My brother came upon the trail and not knowing the sex of the deer did the ethical thing and followed it up. After two hrs he came upon the small doe and she couldn't get out of her bed, he shot her in the neck to put her out of her suffering, doing this without a doe permit is illegal, but feeling he did the right thing he called the wardens and told the whole story as it happened, and the wardens came took the doe and name and number of the guy who had shot her. He took the risk of losing his license to do the right thing, and Sunday he was rewarded with a handsome ten pt.... Sorry about the rant, just another story on ethics where everything turns out well.

Offline gorilla head

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2013, 06:41:37 PM »
tough call. I personally think what ever choice you made would be fine. I shot a deer this year, and have a couple bucks up on the wall  so I might have done the same thing you did. I probably would have the coy dog done in a full mount. I think it would be pretty cool. but that is just me. to each his own. thanks for saving the wildlife with your choice.
GH

Offline pipes18079

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
Sound to me like you did the right thing. I don't think I could this late in season or any other time for that matter. I would have prob tried to take them both deer first and my luck would have missed em both. I some how this season see horns and miss don't know why but had 3 chances at different buck including a brute and fluffed em all.

Offline Fishcaptain1

• Spiked
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2013, 02:50:23 AM »
I did the right think cause last night I shot the buck from the night before he is a brute just don't know how to get photo off of my phone onto here any help would be great

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2013, 05:56:34 AM »
You can text it to me and I'll post it up for you.  Congrats
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2013, 07:15:07 AM by hesseltine32 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal