Author Topic: 2013 Kansas DIY Bow Hunt...  (Read 6073 times)

Offline Swampdonkey

• Spiked
Re: 2013 Kansas DIY Bow Hunt...
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2013, 05:14:24 PM »
Great pics and congrats on the buck. Looks like a great time.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2013, 05:21:56 PM »
Great chronicle of a fun trip!!  Glad you got to go and enjoy hunting a state that is known for it's awesome deer.  Congrats to the successful hunters!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2013, 06:52:24 PM »
Sure looks like a great time..   Congratulations on your buck...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline NHTF

• Forked
« Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »
Looks like an Awesome trip Brian... minus the truck stuck in the mud.

Glad to hear you dropped a couple. Thanks for sharing the pics/vid/report  :)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2013, 05:10:18 AM »

Awesome, just plain awesome  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2013, 08:15:29 AM »
It's  just when it turns on and boots then it's quiet. Any ideas what kinda of new camera you want ?

the guys i hunted with in KS had a tiny camcorder (JVC i think) they bought for $200 from walmart several years back.  it took really nice video right to an SD card and you could zoom in quite a ways.  that's what i'm going to look for.  i will either mount it to my bow or use the 'gorilla grip' and have it on my treestand...

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2013, 08:53:51 AM »
the guys i hunted with in KS had a tiny camcorder (JVC i think) they bought for $200 from walmart several years back.  it took really nice video right to an SD card and you could zoom in quite a ways.  that's what i'm going to look for.  i will either mount it to my bow or use the 'gorilla grip' and have it on my treestand...

I bought a Panasonic digital camcorder that record in HD it does a great job think I paid 130$ for it, was going to bring it to illinois with me but cant find the clip that attaches it to my tripod, so might just buy a new tripod
Take a Kid outside...

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2013, 09:36:58 AM »

That's the big down fall of the go pro is the zoom.  I looked at them but went with a sony camcorder instead.  I like it to take pictures more then anything.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #23 on: Nov 21, 2013, 04:56:56 PM »
That was the makings for an awesome time & hunt  :) :)  Need any more company next year   hehehe   :)

Offline NHJAKE

• Forked
« Reply #24 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »
Thanks for the report! I'd really like to do the same. Did you know someone out there? Or did you go " blind" ? Or lots of "online" scouting?

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Nov 22, 2013, 08:00:39 AM »
I bought a Panasonic digital camcorder that record in HD it does a great job think I paid 130$ for it, was going to bring it to illinois with me but cant find the clip that attaches it to my tripod, so might just buy a new tripod
which model did you get?  my friend has a JVC Everio. i haven't looked into it yet.  probably hold off til the spring.  if i buy something now it will be obsolete come spring anyway lol

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Nov 22, 2013, 08:03:43 AM »
Thanks for the report! I'd really like to do the same. Did you know someone out there? Or did you go " blind" ? Or lots of "online" scouting?

the people i went with have been going for 4 years.  they knew all about the WMA as well as where to stay.  made it nice :)

but yeah google earth played a very important role as far as scouting the area.  here you just see woods, but there you see fields, creeks, wood lots, funnels, etc...

the interesting thing is next year it will all be different.  there will be milo where there was winter wheat, sunflowers where there was milo, etc.  the fields get switched up every year...makes a big difference to deer behavior. 

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer

Offline The Butcher

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Nov 22, 2013, 07:49:07 PM »
Yea Buddy!!!

Awesome post!!

Congrats on a great trip.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal