Author Topic: Shot my first deer  (Read 4886 times)

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
Re: Shot my first deer
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2008, 12:31:12 PM »
If you hunt enough you ARE gonna wound deer.  All you can do when a bad shot is in place is give the deer time to expire, and exhaust every option there is to try and find em.  If you have done all you can think of to try and find this deer with no results, you having nothing to feel bad about, but... You'll still feel like s**t!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline hoythunter

• 6 Pointer
  • bad day in woods is better than agood day at work
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »
my son hit a doe the other day .being his first yr i think he got a little excited and well he hit her way to far back. she went about 100 yrds before she went into the woods ,i told him wed have to wait at least an hour> we waited and then went to look for her need less to say it was pooring rain so no blood ,she barely made it to the woods so i thought she would lay down shortly  long story short we looked for two hours and no sighn of her at all. he feels horrible that he shot her and couldnt find her . he feels real bad and keeps asking if i have ever lost any . i tell him no way just kidding every body loses at least one in their hunting career.

Offline DOORGUY

• Spiked
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2008, 03:24:42 PM »
I've4 hu8nted for almost 20 yrs., had a pretty good run going have had to put a lot of time in recovering some but never lost one until tues. night, made a bad shot on one, had decent blood for a little ways, got dark went back to the house to get a light and some help by the time we got back it had snowed a couple of inches so we lost the blood followed its track till it mixed in with several other deer. still circled for a couple of hours but never found the deer.With the coyote population in my area I'm sure there's nothin left now.The sad truth is **it happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal