Author Topic: First Crossbow Buck  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Skammer

• Nubbie
First Crossbow Buck
« on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:21:55 AM »
After the rain finally stopped yesterday I figured I would have about two hours of good light so I grabbed the crossbow & headed for the woods. Not long after I got set up a doe & two yearlings came by & were constantly looking behind them. They were still in sight when a six point came in with his head down & smelling the ground. It was a legal deer & all I was after was some meat so I said "Hey" & he stopped & looked right at me & I had the crosshairs on his chest so I squeezed the trigger. He did a high mule kick & ran off into a swampy thick area. I waited almost two hrs & by that time it was dark. I put on my head lamp & went over & found my arrow stuck deep in the ground & completely saturated with blood. I didn't find any blood right where I hit him but found good blood about ten yds from where I hit him. I tracked him for about only 15 yds & the blood got very heavy & I shined my headlamp a head & saw him piled up. Both lungs were destroyed & close to a gallon of blood ran out of him when I opened him up. Short successful hunt. Gotta love the crossbow!

http://skam232.smugmug.com/Hobbies/2001-Crossbow-Buck/20025885_bj5MPK#1578494070_jR6tpDX

Offline nhbowhunter

• Nubbie
Re: First Crossbow Buck
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »
nice deer skammer !  great job !   time to warm up the bbq grill.

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
Re: First Crossbow Buck
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2011, 07:24:29 PM »
I would like to try a crossbow someday! Nice buck!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal