Hunting by Game/Technique > Elk Hunting
Got to be some Elk Hunters out there
<< < (2/10) > >>
archbishop:
all i know is tatonka from dances with wolves ;D
carphunter:
I've been Elk hunting two time's in my life and consider myself very lucky. The first time was in Oregon with a bow and shot a small but trophy to me 5+5 bull at 11 yds.  He was bugeling his head off, what a blast. The second time was in Colorado with some buddie's on an unguided do-it yourself hunt. The second morning I got another small but trophy to me size 4+4 bull with a rifle. They are a blast to hunt but man when you do get one it's a lot of work.
      Jim
archbishop:
yeah carphunter i got invited to go to colorado on a do it yourself hunt this year these guys go every year and brought back pics of all the work it looked fun but man it really looked like a lot of work i cant wait
carphunter:
If you want to put the odd's in your favor start working out now. Don't be affraid to put some rocks in a backpack and do a little hiking. There was six of us that went on that trip and we all saw animals but after the first day no one else wanted to go back down over the cliff's again. I made up my mind I was going to do whatever it took to kill an Elk so off I went to where two other guy's saw elk the day before. To make a long storie short, by a 1/2 hour after daylight I had a Bull.
          Jim
archbishop:
ive been working out for over 20 years so thats not the problem working money out of my tightwad wife is the problem ;D i was told the terrain out there is pretty rough lotsa ups and downs then lotsa weight going up and down when you get one but im sure you can verify what i was told that the sore muscles and cramps are worth the rewards
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version