Author Topic: 4 Wheeler help?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
4 Wheeler help?
« on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:01:45 AM »
Ok, guys.. I could really use a little advice..I posted this on MFF and IS as well.
 I have a 2003 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 Automatic ATV that I use for hunting deer and plowing etc.. It's only got 300 miles on it or so, and I'm the original owner. Last time I tried to go for a ride I hopped on, it fired right up and I took off. When I tried to go much faster than an idle, it started to, what seems like, miss. It idles fine and in Neutral will rev up and sound ok, but when put under load it just won't go. I changed the plug and cleaned/oiled the foam air filter but it made no difference. I don't have a clue.  :-\   Does anybody here have any idea what may be wrong ???  Thanks in advance for any help I may get as it's not cheap to get someone to look at ATVs around here  :-\

Adam
Adam

Offline CROWKILLER

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill um - n - Grill um
Re: 4 Wheeler help?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:02:58 AM »
it could be a bad coil

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:12:08 AM »
operator failure ::)

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:35:36 AM »
Adam

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:41:13 AM »
Thanks Jay  ::)

ive noticed you have got alot of advice on the other threads and not much here :'(
i would seriouskly go tyo the store and grab some dry gas and try that before going through all that work taking crap apart,maybe even fuel injector cleaner, and if needed change the filters, that sdhould do it for you ??? good luck.

Offline CROWKILLER

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill um - n - Grill um
« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:50:24 AM »
dont use dry gas , take the time to remove the tank to clean it

Offline Whitetailer

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2006, 01:22:20 PM »
As dumb as this may sound, check your choke, it sounds like classic "s**t I left the choke closed" syndrome lol. If thats not your culprit, chances are its not your gas as bad gas dosn't idle any better than it runs under load. Sounds alot to me like an airflow issue (hence the choke check) if you've already recharged your filter, (and its not the choke) look between the filter and the carb for blockage.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal