Author Topic: Does anyone else bring a Book  (Read 5538 times)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: Does anyone else bring a Book
« Reply #15 on: Aug 10, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
why wouldnt you hunt all day? each there own i guess, i take lunch out with me, i guiess thats just me, part of hunting is getting out of the house and being outdoors ???

for all those that sleep in the woods, how many deer pass you by? i bet more than those that read in the woods ???

mike, that cartoon is freaking hilarious :D i have actually done that, i was in a cheap ladder stand and was reaching around for my bow, 20 yards from a deer, the edge was slick from ice and down i went, right in front of the deer, luckily it was only a 10' stand

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Aug 10, 2006, 01:51:30 PM »
Besides, like I said, I typically fill my tags each year so I must be in the woods when it really matters.   ;D

thats key ;D

Offline sbfpa_Mike

• Forked
  • Everyone has a goal
« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2006, 04:55:48 PM »
mike, that cartoon is freaking hilarious :D i have actually done that, i was in a cheap ladder stand and was reaching around for my bow, 20 yards from a deer, the edge was slick from ice and down i went, right in front of the deer, luckily it was only a 10' stand

Thanks J, I was just messing around on my lunch hour. I have a small bit of creativity that I like to explore every once in a while. I will try to come up with something better for the future. I only have microsoft paint to mess with, sooo......

Everyone does what they can with regards to the leasure activities they do. I do the morning and evening stands seperate because of the kids and that is what my dad always did. Everyone has their own schedule and style of hunting. I do my best to get out, that is good enough for me, for now.

Mike
If you can catch it,  trap it,  jig it,  or kill it,  there is a place to talk about it.
Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Aug 10, 2006, 05:17:52 PM »
Everyone has their own schedule and style of hunting. I do my best to get out, that is good enough for me, for now.

Mike

thats all you can do when you have kids, im lucky enough 2 of the three are at the age they can go, heck my 12 year old can hunt this year, small game only but its a start

FrankM

« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2006, 03:30:20 PM »
I read while I'm hunting all the time. It's no problem to read a little bit, look around and scan the area, then read some more.  It helps relax me and spend more time in the stand.  I have some nice big comfy ladder stands on my property with seats and sturdy shooting/guard rails so taking a nap is not out of the question either.  I enjoy every minute I'm in the woods and see and get enough deer to keep me interested.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal