Author Topic: Ground Blinds  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
Ground Blinds
« on: Mar 29, 2006, 10:09:22 PM »
I looked for an old thread on this and could not find anything. What I am considering purchasing in a ground blind. I really don't want to spend 350 to 400 bucks on one. I would like something that is easy to set up and has plenty of room for Archery. Anyone have any info? I looked in the Cabela's Spring Turkey Catalog allot to choose from.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: Ground Blinds
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:43:02 AM »
I take it you are looking for a portable ground blind. Sometimes little sportsman shops have them cheaper than cabela's because they order them and no one buys them. Then they mark them down.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:15:33 AM »
my mouse is screwed up so i cant copy and paste the link, but if you go to sportsmansguide.com they have ground blinds starting around $50.

Offline spiker2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2006, 12:19:49 PM »
wal-mart had a couple the other day. the price was about $60.00. normally i just make 1 from the natural debris that are laying around.

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:47:35 PM »
adkRoy, yes I am looking at the portable blinds.

archbishop, I will look at the Sportsmanguide web site.

spiker2, I never thought of Wal Mart of coarse it is not in season so they will probably not have any on the shelf. I was looking for one to Turkey hunt and Archery deer hunt out of.

Does anyone have one, or ever hunted out of one. Are the cheaper ones OK. There seems to be such a price difference.

Offline spiker2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2006, 10:51:27 AM »
adkRoy, yes I am looking at the portable blinds.

archbishop, I will look at the Sportsmanguide web site.

spiker2, I never thought of Wal Mart of coarse it is not in season so they will probably not have any on the shelf. I was looking for one to Turkey hunt and Archery deer hunt out of.

Does anyone have one, or ever hunted out of one. Are the cheaper ones OK. There seems to be such a price difference.
wal-mart does have turkey blinds.that was what i was looking at. do not know where you are from. but the 1 in springville,ny was where i seen them at. it was just last week.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2006, 02:19:55 PM »
this is the one i am getting, the one on the bottom.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=145626

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2006, 11:05:30 PM »
Spiker2
           I am not sure why it does not show where I am from on my header. But I am from Wyoming. I live in a small town. The nearsest big city is about a 2 hr drive so to look at a sporting good store it is a pretty big trip. But we do have a Wal Mart. and a small sporting good store. Our Wal mart does not stock much in the way of Turkey hunting.
 arch,
        That looks like a great blind, let me know what you think of it when you get it.
                                                                                                                      Thanks, Guys BI
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2006, 02:35:48 PM by Big Ice »

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2006, 04:05:29 PM »
will do, itll hopefully be soon, now that our money situation is back in order, at the latest itll be july 22, for my birthday.
i do have a buddy that has one and says its no double bull but it works great and isnt chinsy, didnt get a deer from it last year but that wassnt because of the blind ;) just a bad shot ;D but he said it kept the elements out and had room for when his son got bored and was figity and playing his gameboy.

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »
I have one thats made by Ameristep[sp] and its nice to set up but a huge pain to put away.
  It was carbon lined and leafy camo, also cheap, now I see you get what you pay for.
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2006, 05:42:23 AM »
normally i just make 1 from the natural debris that are laying around.

Same here.
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Apr 29, 2006, 07:22:38 PM »
For anyone looking for a blind, check outthe ones at www.natchezss.com       there prices are kind of low .
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal