Hunting by Game/Technique > Mushroom Hunting

black trumpets

<< < (2/3) > >>

SHaRPS:
Hahaha!

Omelets are great as well. I eat over 30 different edibles and I must say, trumpets are in my top 3. They just have this great smoky-earthy flavor no other edible has. Risotto another great option. 

tcfish - what state are you from? I found 3 small kings for the first time in my life here in southern NE. I just don't think we have the right habitat OR I just haven't found them yet. Definitely next on my list but I have a feeling I have to go north.   

tcfish:

--- Quote from: SHaRPS on Sep 03, 2015, 08:55:37 AM ---Hahaha!

Omelets are great as well. I eat over 30 different edibles and I must say, trumpets are in my top 3. They just have this great smoky-earthy flavor no other edible has. Risotto another great option. 

tcfish - what state are you from? I found 3 small kings for the first time in my life here in southern NE. I just don't think we have the right habitat OR I just haven't found them yet. Definitely next on my list but I have a feeling I have to go north.

--- End quote ---
                    I'm in Maine . Just getting going with the mushroom after my 1st hen and oyster last year .My tenant is a forager and is quite knowledgeable with mushrooms .

SHaRPS:
Yep - Maine is the place to be. I am pretty confident that if I lived in ME I a could make a living out of it. Or at least cut it close.

tcfish:

--- Quote from: SHaRPS on Sep 03, 2015, 03:46:41 PM ---Yep - Maine is the place to be. I am pretty confident that if I lived in ME I a could make a living out of it. Or at least cut it close.

--- End quote ---
     ;D seems to be a nice market for them along the waterfront !

mooseslayer71:
esp. for trumets which are fairly rare and bring top dollar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version