Author Topic: Single Arrows  (Read 14413 times)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: Single Arrows
« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2006, 03:02:15 PM »
LOL...thanks arch. :D

;D it could be like the penny candy bin when we were younger :D

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
« Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2006, 03:05:54 PM »
im only 23...the cheapest candy we had growing up was at least a nickel. ;D
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2006, 03:14:42 PM »
im only 23...the cheapest candy we had growing up was at least a nickel. ;D

Scary cause I'm 26 and I could get tootsie rolls for a penny  ;D
Adam

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
« Reply #18 on: Sep 28, 2006, 03:28:37 PM »
.........hmmm...maybe you could..but you had a 3 year candy buying head start..i remember going to a bin of candy and it was a nickel.

ANYWAYS. lol.. your gonna find that most stores are going to stop or have stopped single arrows...soley because its to hard with carbons and the aliminum market is shrinking.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline bullseye

• Nubbie
« Reply #19 on: Oct 01, 2008, 10:12:51 AM »
You say you haven't been shooting bow for a long time so why not just buy a pack because your going to end up losing or ruining some in time, so if you buy a pack there will always be a spare around for you.......... ???

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Nov 04, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »
Who buy's a single arrow at a time anyways. buy them buy the dozen when you run low buy another dozen

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Nov 10, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »
Wal-Mart had carbons by the piece today, $7.75 each for cheapos.

Offline larz

• Forked
« Reply #22 on: Aug 28, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »
have you ever considered building your own? it really isn't that hard to do after your initial cost of a fletching tool a cut off saw, raw shafts,vanes and glue and you can build arrows any time you want, be it the middle of winter or a quick replacement arrow, don't like the arrow flight try new vanes in your choice of colors even camo plastic or real feathers most of your shafts come with nocks  it is a a great hobby to learn and i highly recommend

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Aug 29, 2009, 12:37:19 AM »
have you ever considered building your own? it really isn't that hard to do after your initial cost of a fletching tool a cut off saw, raw shafts,vanes and glue and you can build arrows any time you want, be it the middle of winter or a quick replacement arrow, don't like the arrow flight try new vanes in your choice of colors even camo plastic or real feathers most of your shafts come with nocks  it is a a great hobby to learn and i highly recommend
It is pretty fun i must admit....kinda like the satisfaction of catching a fish on your own lure is shooting a deer with a hand-fletched arrow

Offline larz

• Forked
« Reply #24 on: Sep 24, 2009, 10:36:27 AM »
It is pretty fun i must admit....kinda like the satisfaction of catching a fish on your own lure is shooting a deer with a hand-fletched arrow
and when you loose a vane you simply go in and replace it,  instead of back in the box until i get desperate for arrows don't like four inch vanes use two inch vanes some target shooters use six or eight vanes for flight stability.I play around with different vane sizes and also feathers, helical fleching all to achieve more accuracy and you can buy single blank shafts at most archery shops maybe not at walmart but a place such as bass pro shops I shoot two inch blazers that are camo.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Sep 24, 2009, 09:06:48 PM »
exactly larz.....i couldnt tell ya how many arrows i saved by just replacing ripped fletchings....also it is pretty cool to be able to customize your arrows however you like.....this year i bought my pre-fletched and wraped ted nugent arrows because i like that they are white, but last year i put blazer vanes on my arrows and they flew awesome....to buy the bare shafts it is usually more expensive then buyin them already fletched, its kind of stupid if ya ask me.....i normally buy the arrows and take the fletchings off and re-do it my own way

Offline larz

• Forked
« Reply #26 on: Sep 25, 2009, 09:16:08 AM »
you can buy the wrap material to add the white yourself as well.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Sep 25, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »
yea i know, but i like the fact that the whole arrow is zebra striped.....it shows up real well when i miss  ::)

Offline larz

• Forked
« Reply #28 on: Sep 28, 2009, 10:27:13 AM »
if the deer don't spot it hanging in the tree from a distance or when you draw you should we okay, I know allot of you will say that this is Bs but don't ever underestimate a white tails ability to reason this is how they survive I swear they have picked out my fl oresent vanes from a distance.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Sep 28, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »
Ya i thought of that but look at the people who wear hunter orange and dont get spotted....or the snow camo....have you seen the new scentlok vertigo pattern there is a whole lot of white and black in that so i dont know what to think....oh well ted nugent shoots plenty of deer with his so i think i should be ok....i'll let ya know if i do get picked off from the arrows though.....everything is trial and error with hunting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal