Author Topic: Canned Hunts  (Read 36211 times)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: Canned Hunts
« Reply #15 on: Sep 07, 2006, 06:45:23 PM »
i have shot a pig that was tied to a tree then we took it to the butcher

yeah, you almost shot me while i was bringing over the deer to shoot :D

you dont can hunt, but im sure being in canada you sit over a big ol 50 gallon drum full of bear bait dont you ???

im glad your not worried about being accepted in "another" forum, and if you think hunting is loosing popularity because of hunters your an idiot, it has to do more with the TV, computers, video games, most kids, especially those that dont have parents that hunt dont leave the house other that to and from school, and with internet college some dont even leave for that anymore, why would these pale skinned lazy video game playing kids have any interest in the outdoors, without people to take them they wont do it, and as much as im not a fan of canned hunts, they do alot of sponsorships to inner city kids to introduce them to the lifestyle and get more kids asking questions and enjoying the outdoors.

Offline esox slayer

• Nubbie
« Reply #16 on: Sep 07, 2006, 06:54:21 PM »
Its a good thing for me that my chief concern isn't about being "accepted" into another internet forum lol. I really liked the looks of this site until I saw how many guys around here don't mind leading an animal into a fenced area, then killing it. Wow, you guys are real hunters  ::) . Does it give you a special thrill if its tied up too?

What a farce, all of you that supported this crap are the reason hunting is losing popularity. You're an embarassment to all of us.

Wow..I'll bet you consider all those hunting shows televised are an embarrassment as well??  Considering that many many many hunts are offered in Canada (that is where your from, correct??)  you must be embarrased of your brethren as well..not for actually making the kill, but for arranging and condoning it, right??  Or is it ok as long as you aren't the actual trigger man??  Esox

Offline CROWKILLER

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill um - n - Grill um
« Reply #17 on: Sep 07, 2006, 06:55:38 PM »
ill shoot anything that has a season and if it is an exotic from far away land that was brought here to hunt on a ranch like uncle teds i would shoot that too

Offline CROWKILLER

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill um - n - Grill um
« Reply #18 on: Sep 07, 2006, 06:58:08 PM »
so i bet you never took your kids to the fair and let them fish out of the trout pond=pool ...canned fishing oh no now we have a new gripe i bet

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Sep 07, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »
yeah those canned hunts up in canada account for how much money in the canadian system? how much american money at that ??? all the great wildlife in canada gets monry from those hunts to preserve the wildlife doesnt it? isnt that the wildlife you hunt?

should you go in a cage and shoot an animal, should you sit over a moultry feeder and hunt? no the bear thing is my personal thing, but if its legal where people are from than so be it, i was obviously raised with different ethics becaue its not legal here, if i was raised where its legal i would probably have a couple drums set out ??? what i have learned here is that it doesnt help to argue, believe me, i think iwent through it for 10 pages last year with a couple people, if its legal its legal ??? you dont like it, dont do it, but dont say its the reason hunting popularity is down, sadly with the lazy kids these days, it may be the only way to get them back into hunting, plus, your knocking a BIG source of your contries economy, and monies to preserve you great hunting land, and abundance of animals. unless of course you would like us americans to stop coming up there and spending our money causing people to sell there land to developers to make a profit ???

Offline ifishhi

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Sep 07, 2006, 07:21:58 PM »
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2006, 07:42:25 PM by ifishhi »

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Sep 07, 2006, 07:24:51 PM »
man, your the biggest arguer on here, freaking retard :D

Offline ifishhi

• Forked
« Reply #22 on: Sep 07, 2006, 07:27:52 PM »
if you want to hunt with in a fence then be my guest if you don't thats fine too . choice it's what makes this country so good. oh.... and whitetrailer good thing you don't care about being accepted, your not

Offline ifishhi

• Forked
« Reply #23 on: Sep 07, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »
man, your the biggest arguer on here, freaking retard :D
no i'm not ;D

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Sep 07, 2006, 07:42:33 PM »
no i'm not ;D

yes you are, see, you got me into an argument :D

if you want to hunt with in a fence then be my guest if you don't thats fine too . choice it's what makes this country so good. oh.... and whitetrailer good thing you don't care about being accepted, your not

hes not from this country.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #25 on: Sep 07, 2006, 07:55:49 PM »
I've had a long day today, and I've been following this thread a bit.......and when I came accross your poster ifishi, even though it's poor taste, I laughed my a-- off.  ;D

You made a good point about the kids today being lazy, arch. It's really sad. What are their kids going to be like?

Offline ifishhi

• Forked
« Reply #26 on: Sep 07, 2006, 08:01:19 PM »
hes not from this country.
thats my point

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:17:09 PM »
You made a good point about the kids today being lazy, arch. It's really sad. What are their kids going to be like?

yes it is sad, i have 3 kids 12, 9, and 4, they all love the outdoors, they are always building forts, playing with animals, getting cuts and scrapes, falling out of trees, and riding there bikes around, they all love to go hunting, there a little stir crazy fishing, but they love to be outside, most kids nowadays will never experiance any of that good stuff, cuts, scrapes, fort building, etc... but they can shoot a crack head or beat up a whore on a video game at age 6, its really a shame.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:33:55 AM »
I've had a long day today, and I've been following this thread a bit.......and when I came accross your poster ifishi, even though it's poor taste, I laughed my a-- off.  ;D

Ifishi, I am a special ed teacher and even I laughed at your post.

I have been to two enclosed hunting preserves. one was an 100 acres in NY  and the Nuge ranch is 400 acres. Some texas ranches are in the 10,000 acres ore more totally enclosed. Whats the big deal. As long as the animal has a chance to run and escape the hunter it is a fair hunt. Most of these preserves do not gaurantee success.

As for Canada, I could never live in a place that does not allow its citizens to own hand guns. Thank god for the Second Amendment!!!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline esox slayer

• Nubbie
« Reply #29 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:35:32 AM »
Its a good thing for me that my chief concern isn't about being "accepted" into another internet forum lol. I really liked the looks of this site until I saw how many guys around here don't mind leading an animal into a fenced area, then killing it. Wow, you guys are real hunters  ::) . Does it give you a special thrill if its tied up too?

What a farce, all of you that supported this crap are the reason hunting is losing popularity. You're an embarassment to all of us.

Farce??  Here's a farce for you.  You need to realize that not everybody lives with 1000 square miles of open hunting land as you do in Alberta.  You need to realize that some states do not have a wealth of public hunting land.  You need to realize that just because your opinion differs from some other people, doesn't make them all wrong.  You need to realize that you aren't the only person with an opinion.  You need to realize that when you make a comment such as you did on an open forum, you'll catch some varied opinions, especially in light of the strong statement you made about embarassing.

What was that one comment you made earlier??  Oh yeah..if all you've got to shoot are woodchucks then thats all you should shoot....thats rich...if Alberta banned deer hunting right now and perhaps they "socialized" hunting in the same way a lot of things are socialized in Canada, would you quit hunting??  What if you had to pay to hunt in another province and the only place allowed to hunt was a game preserve, would you sell your rifles and quit the sport?  What if the only place they allowed hunting in Alberta was on a preserve, would you quit?  I highly doubt it.

It's all well and good to have beliefs, but realization that you aren't the only one with an opinion that counts is a requirement as well,,,hunting on game ranches, preserves, call them what you will is completely legal and an accepted practice.  Deal with that fact.  I suppose that you don't approve of the caribou hunts up near Sheperdsville either, all a person has to do is shoot into the herd of a few thousand and collect whichever one drops.  Most hunters don't hunt in this manner, but I'm sure there are a few non ethical types that aren't proficient in their firearms use and do just that...is that ok with you??  I mean..what could be easier, shoot in the general direction of the herd and take the one you manage through luck only to hit??  It's not in a fenced in area so does that make it ok??  There's nothing more thrilling than whacking a 'bou from a herd of a few thousand when they're on their migratory run like lemmings now is there??

I'd be interested to know how many places in Alberta offered "canned hunts"...and since I doubt you'd be willing to provide that information to us "embarassing" hunters down this way I guess I'll have to Google it and see what I can find out, since there's a good chance many of your Provincial countrymen are making money off what you deem an embarrassing and detrimental type of hunting...
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2006, 06:43:55 AM by esox slayer »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal