Author Topic: I'm on a new platform, no motors on any lake or stream bordered by state lands.  (Read 4932 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Kept trying to keep my mouth shut for over a week. But we all know that isn't possible. :o
They are proposing to ban the use of gas powered motors on a local lake near me. The DEC is proposing this on the recommendation from a local home owners association. They bought lots and built high dollar vacation homes in a development with a lot adjacent to the lakes state lands. Now they keep pushing the state to stop the use of gas motors on the lake. It ruins their "Experience" at their vacation home.  :'( :'(
They are asking for letters to the director of lands and land use. So today I wrote mine. Also have started sending every representative I can a email stating that not just one lake, but all of them need to be included in this. Every lake with any state forest preserve lands on it's shoreline needs to have the same rules apply. No gas powered motors. Whats good for one, must be good for all!! I also don't want to hear they cleared trails with chainsaws. Put some buck saws and axes in the boys in green and tan hands and send them forth to clear them. No special permit from the commissioner to clear them with chainsaws. If they are trying to protect the lands from our use of technology, then they can't use it either. When they have a wild fire, no six wheelers or chainsaws.(or helicopters either, they are fuel powered as well and being used in the air space adjacent to the lands)
I'm really getting tired of living here, I grew up loving this area and it's people. Those are long gone. I feel as if I should move to NJ. as I'm being governed by it's people now as it is.
Thinking I was a much happier person when the monitor was down. I couldn't read crap on the computer that ticked me off.
What they say is the truth, ignorance is bliss. Time to go crawl in a hole in Canada..... >:(

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
It's not just there upstate. No computer = no us! rule that out, maybe get a filter for liberal crap?

The way your luck runs that hole in Canada would have a Sow and cub's in it.  ;)  Keep smiling buddy.

Had a trespasser here riding around yesterday, guy's got a kid with him with a big pair of Nikon bino's. Map's and a clipboard. O'l pop's chased him down.
First thing the guy says is Oh hi I have permission from the owner, I'm from Mass Audubon doing a bird survey. ( mass Audubon is the biggest anti group in the state, instrumental in our loss of trapping,anti hunting, not a friend of the farmer either) Pop's say's" I don't know where you got your permission from but it wasn't me and your opposed to everything I believe in in life now get the HE!! out.  The guy got this big spit eating grin on his face and got in the truck and left.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Your probably right with the hole and my luck. Well at least I'd only have to deal with a angry bear, and for a very short period of time not idiots with suits and pencils tying to protect me from myself for the rest of my existence here. Had one guy I talked to say he thought they were trying to make it a federal park, and I had to disagree. Most of our national parks allow the use of motorized machines to enjoy the lands. They just charge to use them.
I have been trying to just turn away and keep my thoughts to myself. Unfortunately that just leads to innocent persons getting my anger directed towards them.  At least with this type of thing I can direct it towards the idiots who try to regulate everything we do.
Glad your Dad booted the jerk!! They all seem to think they can just go anywhere they please. Yet you get out of your vehicle in sight of their house and look suspicious at all and the cops will be there shortly.
I've taken to having the shotgun very close to the door, and a cleaning rag handy. When someone stops along the street out front, I go on the front porch and "clean" my weapon. No law says I can't do that in my own home....YET!!
When they see me, they get some funny looks and can't get under way fast enough.... ;D

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Sorry to hear this upstatehunter, glad your at least voicing your opinion. May not work but at least you did your part. The local lake's that are by my house are trolling motor only. Really makes me mad when the life guards/employess(not park rangers) of the park rip around on there gas motors patroling a 25 acre lake. ::) Meanwhile the swimming area isnt the whole lake. >:( No houses around why cant I do that or at least be able to use the gas motor to load my boat.

Bog to bad you werent there to kick him in the doodads. Bet he wouldnt have been smiling then.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
I knew the Doodads was going to be on there even before I clicked.  8) 8) 8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Think I'm going to start kicking our governmental representatives in their doodads!!
Though  kick to the posterior would probably be more helpful....it's where most of their brains are.... ::)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Unfortunately, money is the only driving factor in anything our politicians do. We had a few long political discussions on our fishing trip and one of the only things everyone agreed on was that lobbying should be illegal. If that lake has someone with political pull on it, they will get whatever they want eventually.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
To be honest, I was all worked up yesterday. Today...not so much.
Getting real close to the give up stage. Doesn't really matter what we want, they are going to do as they see fit.
I'll go sit along the bank and hit the purists in the head with lures, and big egg sinkers.
Stalk them while they are on their nature hikes.....
And keep my mumblings to myself.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer

Bog to bad you werent there to kick him in the doodads. Bet he wouldnt have been smiling then.
[/quote]

nuff said about drobs and his doodads....he sure loves em.....hmmmmm...better watch out when drobs around guys!  I DONT HAVE TO WORRY...NO DOODADS ABOARD LOONY

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
I figured you would get a laugh out of that Loony. ;D

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
I figured you would get a laugh out of that Loony. ;D

i was laughing my a## of drobs.....doodads.......lol lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal