Author Topic: Positive Subject  (Read 7852 times)

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
Positive Subject
« on: Sep 26, 2005, 01:05:45 AM »
Coffee, what kind does everyone like, any coffee or tea nuts out there, I like coffee when I need to keep warm, or in the morning, it can make me shake, and is bad for shooting, but it makes me warm too, and I like the taste and enjoy it alot.  I like to make it in a press, it is so much stronger, I need it straight and black as can be with no additives.  how about you grumpy old men, can you handle it.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline grizbear 13

• Nubbie
Re: Positive Subject
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2005, 08:17:19 PM »
NO, NOT STRAIT UP . A CUP OF GREEN TEA FROM DUOBLE BAGS , HIGH TEST IS GOOD WITH A BIT OF HONEY  ,SAME SHAKES THOUGH. ;D ;D

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2005, 11:34:55 PM »
High Test?  whats that, I am just wondering.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline grizbear 13

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2005, 10:22:08 PM »
Just as strong as you can make it and still enjoy it, I don't mean irish coffee or tea ::) ::)

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2005, 11:54:32 PM »
I will have to try it, its very healthy, and I actually have some, but I haven't had any for quite a while.  Thanks for the info.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2005, 09:45:51 AM »
i love my coffe, but it does give the shakes on everyday drinking but if you have a cup in the morning or on the drive to your hunting spot, then walk into the woods, the shakes wear off before shooting light and if you bring a thermos it takes away the cold shakes. so it works for me ;D i like mine black. i also love green tea, not a big fan of the honey but a dab of sugar in a warm cup of tea sounds real good, i may go make one now.

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2005, 01:54:47 PM »
I don't drink coffee or tea...I hate the smell of coffee.  I am however addited to diet pepsi.  I drink at least a six pack of 20-24 ouncers a day...........

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2005, 05:57:56 PM »
Mt. Dew for me.  ;D
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2005, 01:46:49 AM »
wow, thats alot of pop.  One of my coon hunting buddies drinks nothing but mtn. dew  I guess its all those late nights, I like it, but water is the only thing that really does it for me when I need to quench my thirst.  Coffee does sound really good right now.  I think I will make some too.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2005, 04:58:39 PM »
all i drink is Mt. dew, water, milk and cider in the fall. nothing like sitting down at deer camp with a nice coup of hot cider ;)
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2005, 12:33:48 PM »
Ok, New positive subject. Friday afternoon I went over to our farm to fix my treestand and check the posted signs one last time. I get there and there is a parked down the street from our driveway with a guy just getting out. So I got out and went over to talk to him. After introductions I found out that he is friends with one of my co-workers and had gotten permission to hunt the farm across the street from us. He seemed like a real nice guy and I asked him if he was hunting alone. He said yes. I told him if he had a radio he could pick us up on our channel if he needed help. He said thanks but he had his cell phone if he need help and that the farmer's worker would be the only other person hunting there and he could ask him for help too. We wished eachother good luck and parted ways. Now when we came back to our vehicles this weekend at night we ask eachother how we did, what did you see. etc. Plus we now know how many people are hunting where and if we had to we could ask eachother for help.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2005, 12:43:03 PM »
Nice to hear you have some decent people around. I was beginning to think your area just had a bunch of jerks  ;)
Adam

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2005, 01:46:45 PM »
Nice to hear you have some decent people around. I was beginning to think your area just had a bunch of jerks  ;)

Not everyone, just 95% ;D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2005, 01:51:50 PM »
That reminds me of a positive story that happened last year. My dad shot a large buck and brought it back to the pick up truck on our deer cart. He was having trouble loading the deer from the cart onto the pickup truck. (he was still feeling the effects of his hernia surgery). This nice young hunter happened to be driving by and saw my dad struggling with loading the deer. He stopped and helped my dad load the deer. He told my dad that him and his group were hunting a few miles down the road and had been having great sucess. My dad thank the young guy and they went their seperate ways so like I said not all are jerks in our area but it does seem like we have way too many some times.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
Ok, you wanna hear nice? Get this. The buck I shot Saturday opener & posted in hunting pics came from another groups hillside they were driving. I shot it and the guy came down to see what happened. After talking a while I was informed that where I was sitting and where the buck fell was on his land. I was misinformed even after the topic we talked about last week on tresspassing and fines and being informed.... I was tresspassing!!!! :o  :-[  I felt awful and apologized over & over. He explained where the lines really were and so on, asked me to remember & inform others and not do it again. Sounds good right? Well, I was at the bottom of a 150+ yard deep, almost vertical, hillside. I had a hard time just walking up it with my gun and pack earlier. When I laughed at my predicament, the guy says stay here and we'll get it taken care of. He walked up the other side of the hill and about 1 1/2 miles total, got his ATV and came down the hill. He helped me load the buck, as well as a doe I shot an hour earlier, onto his wheeler and took them to the field on top of the hill.(I walked). He then helped me take it off, held the legs while I dressed it, and helped me load it again. Then he took the deer (I walked) across 1/2 mile of muddy cornfield to the road, unloaded them himself, and took his ATV another mile to his house to get his pickup. Pretty soon here he comes in the truck, jumps out and hands me a case to put my gun in, helps me load the 2 deer into his truck, and proceeds to give me a ride 2 1/2 miles back to my truck where he helped me transfer them to my truck. And all of this was the afternoon of opening day when he could have been hunting! Needless to say I may be doing some chores around the farm or something for him this fall, but it's worth it to me. I don't know if I could have gotten these deer up the muddy hill without quartering them and packing them out in 3-4 trips. It just goes to show how nice some people really are. Instead of a 1000 dollar fine and possible jail time, I got the most help anyones ever given me in my life. All I can say is wow!!!!!  :o :)  Not everyone's mean ;)
Adam

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal