Author Topic: Have not been this mad in a long time  (Read 8698 times)

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
Have not been this mad in a long time
« on: Aug 06, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
Hello guys I had to get on here and write because I know some of you will understand my anger right now.  Just went out to check my trial cam this morning just like I have done the last 4 weeks.  I've been having trouble getting pictures of deer and have moved it a few times and to say the least have been putting some hours in trying to find deer.  well this morning as I was walking in I found lots of tracks near my camera so I was pumped.  One problem though, the camara was stolen.  NO FREAKIN CAMARA!!! >:( >:( >:(.  Then I found that the assholes who took it stuck large branches in the ground around the tree to I suppose make the tree look different and maybe make me think I had simply lost the camara.  I suppose the asshole are atvers who use a nearby trail.  I even thought when I was setting it this time that it may be to close to the trail but I made the mistake of trusting people.  Do not understand how people can be so low and shallow.  The camara was only $100 which I know is not much for some but for a father of 2 and a firemans salary it is a lot.  I am so pissed!  Those atvers are going to have fun time through next time though with the large boulders and trees I through across their trail to let them know how mad I am.  Oh well thanks for letting me rant.
Keith

Offline H.T.

• Forked
Re: Have not been this mad in a long time
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »
that is just total BS right there. what is wrong with people  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline whitetailfreak10990

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »
i know some people just cant help themselves when they see free things to take. now put up 2 and catch them in the act. ;D
chris

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2010, 03:17:52 PM »
I hope you catch them and give them a punch in the face. >:( Better yet I'll come up there and do it for you. Sorry that happened to you that is what I fear the most when mine are out there. I wont leave mine out once the season starts to many people around to stumble on to it. I have my Moutlrie locked in a security box. The Covert on the other hand someone could walk away with but they will have to break the lock off to open it up first. I know it only keeps the honest people honest. If they want it bad enough they will get it. I cant believe they stuck sticks there to make you think you forgot it. What a bunch of turd burglars(nice version). Do they have permission to ride the ATV's on the property?

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2010, 06:14:50 PM »
Oh man LH that really stinks.. Hey $100 is still $100. Im sure you would have rather spent another $100 on another one so you have two than spend it to replace the one some *&^$$###$^&&*^%$#*&* stole on you...I hope you catch them some how...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
I swear. I'm really getting tired of people stealing others things. We need to find a way for the judicial system to actually punish them!!
Even if caught, for taking a camera of a 100.00 value(believe me LH I would have to spit for a week to come up with a hundred bucks), they
get a slap on the wrist and on to the next item they see not nailed down. One,I hope you and Bogman find them and beat the crap out of them.
Two, I have half a mind to go sit by the courthouse with a sign. A picture of a severed hand and a caption, THIS SHOULD BE DONE TO THIEVES!!!

Offline triggerhap3

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »
Yeah, almost as bad as finding strange ones hanging on your private property.
I've blown them off my trees, and mangled climbing deer stands trying to get the message across, but theres always a smarta$$ every year that
can't read, or chooses to ignore my posted signs. Had 1 guy arrested last year for tresspassing, and carrying a rifle in a shotgun only zone.
Told him he was tresspassing, and asked him to leave, he told me to go F myself. So I turned him into DEC. 2 days later he was begging me for forgiveness, and asking me to drop charges.
triggerhap3

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »
yup people are low thats for sure. Just went to move my cousins stand on his land the other day and it was gone. That makes 3 stands stolen in the past 2 yrs. Then some guy goes to our taxidermist and tells him hes hunting my cousins land illegally for deer and turkey!!  :o Bet he didnt know we went to the same taxidermist! At least now we have a name and if i see this guy during hunting season we are sure gonna have some words. What is wrong with people trespassing and stealing stands  >:(. Then to have the smarts to go tell the taxidermist that the deer you brought him was taken on land you dont have permission for!! People are sure stupid sometimes.

Offline H.T.

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Aug 13, 2010, 06:35:54 AM »
yup people are low thats for sure. Just went to move my cousins stand on his land the other day and it was gone. That makes 3 stands stolen in the past 2 yrs. Then some guy goes to our taxidermist and tells him hes hunting my cousins land illegally for deer and turkey!!  :o Bet he didnt know we went to the same taxidermist! At least now we have a name and if i see this guy during hunting season we are sure gonna have some words. What is wrong with people trespassing and stealing stands  >:(. Then to have the smarts to go tell the taxidermist that the deer you brought him was taken on land you dont have permission for!! People are sure stupid sometimes.
>:(  i would have him arrested if i were you when you catch him on that land. some people are just plain stupid  >:(

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 2010, 08:33:10 AM »
I agree HT. We let so much go, to avoid conflict. Yes conflict within our community hurts us in the eyes of the general population sometimes.
But other times it is justified to weed out the unwanted scum. Start standing up, call your local DEC officer SOS. Have him visit your taxidermist and hear his story.
Maybe he can pay the offender a visit to remind him that though we all welcome people into our outdoor world, we only want those that play by the rules.
You break the rules and you lose the privilege to join us. Plain and simple. We have gone on to long with judges fining, or slapping wrists. Time to get serious
about punishments. With the system that is in place most everywhere of licencing, it should be real easy to ban a person from getting one.
Sure that may not stop all of the problems but will help.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Aug 13, 2010, 11:52:51 AM »
Just out of curiousity, does anyone mark their stands or trailcams with a name, phone number or other form of ID?  Put it in an area not likely to get noticed - may make it easier to recover stolen property once you've got a likely suspect.  When i was in college, campus security encouraged you to get your valuable items engraved with an asset number that was registered in a database for this very reason.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »
Just out of curiousity, does anyone mark their stands or trailcams with a name, phone number or other form of ID?  Put it in an area not likely to get noticed - may make it easier to recover stolen property once you've got a likely suspect.  When i was in college, campus security encouraged you to get your valuable items engraved with an asset number that was registered in a database for this very reason.
I like that idea im gonna put my name on my climber now

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2010, 08:13:56 PM »
Yeah its hard to go by word of mouth. If i see the guy while hunting then at least i will have a face to ask the taxidermist if its this exact guy. Im sure glad he aint invading on the "good spot" the spot he is sneaking in on is on the opposite side of the rd from the good hunting

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Aug 13, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »
Still doesn't make it right. Sounds like it may not be all bad if he is taking deer to the taxidermist....

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
I can remember 10 years ago not having to lock or chain my treestands to a tree. Now I don't dare not to.  Too many selfish a-holes in the world who don't have any respect for peoples property.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal