Author Topic: Last day in the woods  (Read 3374 times)

upstatehunter

Last day in the woods
« on: Nov 01, 2009, 05:38:58 AM »
I am just getting to cynical to even think about hunting anymore. People just seem to P%#@ me off, on a daily basis. I want to apologise to anyone I may have offended here and say good bye. My life is just a constant turmoil these days and don;t have any desire to even try. That includes hunting. I always thought I did it to enjoy the outdoors and maybe someday outsmart a big buck. OK so when I did that last year I took it to the taxidermist and guess what, I can't afford to pay him for the mount so why bother to do this. I'm going to go take a picture of it so my son will be able to have the memory.(at least)
Again, I have enjoyed my time in the woods and here on the web until the last few weeks, but now it just doesn't even excite me to think about going in the woods. I am sitting here dreading having to go take down stands(if they haven't all been stolen by some jerk who doesn't give a crap about others just themselves).  Hope everyone has a safe and successful rest of the season.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Last day in the woods
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2009, 06:19:28 AM »
Scott, I have always enjoyed your views and opinions here. Sorry to hear things are tough right now,maybe a break is what you need. Then find a fresh piece of ground and take Ty and get back at. Ill miss ya. Harrie
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »
i'm very sorry to hear thatyour giving up on hunting and saying good buy, i'v enjoyed your comments and opinions, good luck to you and be well
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »
Yea that sucks,he musta even deleted his account!!!This economy these days gets every one on edge,never know what tomorrow brings.... :-\

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2012, 08:00:14 AM »
The vast majority of people are self serving scumbags, just a fact of life these days and no ones going to change them. I hear shots every time out on the property no one has permission to hunt. My friend on the farm said the neighbors complained to him because my stands were gone when they went out to use them this year. Fact is until I own land there isn't much I can do, except have people arrested on my main spot. I will always maintain and enact the right to take down my stands though, more so when someone is sitting in it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal