Author Topic: House built right on our border.  (Read 9918 times)

Offline Mentiply

• 6 Pointer
Re: House built right on our border.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2007, 07:07:15 PM »
The 30 acres of land next to our hunting club just sold and we have been told they are going to build a house very close to the border of our property. The thing that angered us the most is our club was suppose to have first refusal rights and we were never told. and for the price they sold it for we would have jumped at the opportunity. About all we can do now is hope the person who purchased the land is not anti hunting and will still let us use the land.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2007, 09:31:59 PM »
was suppose to have first refusal rights and we were never told.

I've been there myself..........never knew that the land had changed hands until about a month or so after the transaction...... ::) >:(

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »
We had to move one of our stands this weekend. When you up in it the people in the house can see you.  Weird people. THey spent all day saturday building a huge fire place outside and all day sunday they had people over, sat around the fireplace over looking our farm fields. We are building a fence and planting pines and fastgrowing poplars next spring.  The house being built there has really affected the deer feeding patterns.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2007, 02:26:07 PM »
Weird people. THey spent all day saturday building a huge fire place outside and all day sunday they had people over, sat around the fireplace over looking our farm fields. We are building a fence and planting pines and fastgrowing poplars next spring.  The house being built there has really affected the deer feeding patterns.

Building a fire pit and having some friends over to celebrate their new house..........maybe I'm weird, but that sounds like fun to me.
A similar thing happeed to a friend of mine, his neighbor planted a row of trees on his property line to cut off my friends side hill view of a nice valley. Not sure what his reasoning was behind it all, but there has been bad blood between the two ever since. I don't know anything about these people and maybe things are a lot different in your situation, but putting up a fence and treeline sounds extreme to me.  :-\  My .02

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:11:02 PM »
My family got a letter from a developer 4 years ago wanting to know how much we would sell the land for. My dad wrote 1 million dollars and sent it back to him. Never heard from the developer again.

Here in Southern Maine you could get your million for your farm. As a former farmer I am familiar with the saying that "houses are the last crop a farmer plants in his fields". Too bad it's that way...the economics of farming just don't allow it to pass on generation to generation anymore. The last year I milfked cows full time, I did my taxes and found $9500 that wasn't put back in to the place which means that I worked upenteen hours a day, 7 / 365 and made $9500. Tough to convince the next generation that his / her future is in farming
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline tughillmcd

• Spiked
« Reply #20 on: Oct 23, 2007, 06:05:09 AM »
Building a fire pit and having some friends over to celebrate their new house..........maybe I'm weird, but that sounds like fun to me.
I have to agree. Sounds like they are enjoying the fact they are in the country and can look out over the fields. Before you build fences and plant trees you may want to try and get to know them. They may be content to sit on their property and watch nature and take in the beauty of your farm. They may also be the kind of neighbor that would call you when they see things going on that you wouldn't approve of. But one thing will most certainly happen with the fence and trees, they will sit and chuckle everytime they see someone doing something on your property out of spite. They will probably have a sour opinion of you and your family for taking their view just because they bought the land and built their house.
You sign your posts  "Trespassing on my land is bad" sounds like you concider looking at your land to be trespassing. By not trying to meet them and giving them a chance to be neighbors before condemning them for being there you may be missing out on meeting someone that could grow to be a very good friend. At least give them a chance.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 23, 2007, 07:42:06 AM »
This is the same guy this summer who put a nice dent in my car when his riding lawnmower shot a rock out. the guy looked but never apologized for it. I'm building the hedge row because I hate looking a house while I'm hunting!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Oct 30, 2007, 06:41:49 AM »
Alright, the moron that built his house right on our border decided to ride his dirt bike from 6:00 to 6:30 right along our border during prime deer time. Is it any wonder we did not see any deer yesterday evening.  >:(

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Oct 30, 2007, 06:51:22 AM »
looks like you have a problem , my friend.

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 09:13:45 AM »
gotta love trailer trash...
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal