Author Topic: not a fan of grumpy old men  (Read 18542 times)

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
not a fan of grumpy old men
« on: Nov 20, 2006, 10:25:16 PM »
I have been on this site since it was brand new, and the grumpy old men shack is starting to get on my nerves, and maybe everyone else on here too.  I just get so mad every time I come on this site just by reading anything in this section.  It really is a bunch of grumpy old men complaining and letting off steam.  I just don't know if I really even like this section of the site.  I don't want to hear a bunch of complaints and people getting extremely mad at each other.  Maybe its a good thing, but it seams like someone gets mad at someone and one of the people never comes back to the site again.  I would rather see the positive side.  I like the site, but I don't know if I want to go back to the grumpy old men shack anymore, and I haven't posted here for a long time.  Whats ya'lls opinion.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: not a fan of grumpy old men
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2006, 05:25:04 AM »
Just like TV... If ya don't like it, change the channel.  Just don't read the GOM forum, and you won't have any problems.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2006, 06:24:09 AM »
I like this section...its theraputic.  :)
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2006, 07:12:22 AM »
Just like TV... If ya don't like it, change the channel.

Pretty simple, isn't it?  8)
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2006, 07:14:06 AM »
Just like TV... If ya don't like it, change the channel.  Just don't read the GOM forum, and you won't have any problems.

Yup, no need to go there if it's not your cup of tea  ;)
Adam

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2006, 07:22:47 AM »
what cracks me up is, What did you expect to find in a section called "grumpy old men hunting shack" did you think there would be posts about how wonderfull life is and what snow looks like when it first falls? lol.. i dunno..i guess by complaining about it in your post you are doing exactly what the section was intended for...so you cant dislike it that much.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2006, 05:54:11 PM »
I guess I need to take a break from the grumpy old men shack

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2006, 05:55:51 PM »
By the way adkroy takes the cake for venting the most on the shack :)

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2006, 06:27:24 PM »
He's from NY, what do you expect? (I just read your 1000th post on IS  ;D)

I can't get over how much trouble you have with trespassers, people steeling stands, destroying cameras, etc. akR. We never locked our door growing up, and some family members still don't. Although I think they should.

It's okay that you're glad you're not from my area ak, but the ones I realy don't want on my door step are your neighbors.  :(

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2006, 07:07:53 PM »
Yeah isn't that amazing, I had seven stands on public land in this area and only locked up two, and the loggers came in to paint trees and even other hunters saw them, but I did not have any stands stolen all year.  I guess its different in new york.

Offline esox slayer

• Nubbie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2006, 05:22:26 AM »
Know what I find amazing??  The fact that you've made 4 posts on this thread complaining about the fact that the GOM area is all about complaining anymore............

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2006, 01:08:10 PM »
What did you expect

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »
What did you expect

Intelligence maybe?
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 23, 2006, 03:27:48 PM »
Yeah if you had intelligence you'd realize I'm just trying to have a little fun on here and talk to people and stir things up from the usual somebody has stolen my treestand talk, you must be one of those real life grumpy old men.  talking is what happens on this site remember?  we could have done without the insulting.

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2006, 01:00:55 AM »
devil-man don't take that last post to heart, I was a little ticked when I read your "intelligence" comment, and my comment back might have been a little overboard and I don't want to create any bad terms with ya'll, so just ignore it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal