Author Topic: Ready for Muzzy  (Read 1619 times)

Offline benny8

• Forked
Ready for Muzzy
« on: Oct 23, 2020, 03:04:59 AM »
Well, after Sarah shot her deer at Shamp, she has been my camera woman. We have been out quite a bit. 2 weekends after she got her deer, we were sitting in the same stands except roles were reversed. About 6 pm she says "deer!" I'm looking and don't see anything. She is sitting up a bit higher in the single stand and she directs me to the area. Through the brush and high grass, I make out movement. The deer moves towards us a bit, then out of sight behind a couple trees. I don't see anything for a few minutes, so I make a couple light doe grunts. After a few minutes I catch movement to the right of where she was before. I watch this deer dick around and start coming a bit closer. She is about 45 yards away but surrounded by limbs and brush. That's when Sarah says "I think your deer is leaving you." I'm like what do you mean? She's right there(slowly looking up at her and pointing in direction of deer.) She turns the camera and we continue to watch this deer meander around. Then after 20 minutes she walks out into the food plot and right by the mock scrape and licking branch. Well beyond it. She is headed up towards the Shamp. I grunt a few times and she turns around. Walks back the same path she took, but stops in the shooting lane to the food plot. The licking branch is 30 yards and she is well beyond it. I guess 55 yards. I settle the crosshairs on my Barnett Whitetail hunter and squeeze. I watch my lighted nock sail just over her back and bury in the soft ground. She runs off and I catch glimpse of another white a$$ running off as well. Sarah got it all on film. Turns out the first deer we saw ended up being the one Sarah said was walking off. The other one, after seeing it on video, actually came in a bit lower. It was pretty good footage and Sarah did a hell of a job running the camera for only her second time. Next day at the Shamp we made sure the muzzies were still on. In Sarah fashion, she out shot me with my own gun. Hoping for a repeat of last year. Good Luck everyone!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Ready for Muzzy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2020, 05:02:53 AM »
Almost time!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2020, 07:54:17 AM »
7 days 16hrs 36min not that i'm counting at all :D :D

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2020, 10:32:22 AM »
Thanks for the story Benny, wish it worked out better for ya.
Yup, I'm ready for ML. I just HOPE I get some time to get out. Working for a living sucks during hunting season. Add kids sports and activities to that and I can barely find an hour to run to the stand.
I usually find a way to clear my schedule come muzzleloader week though.
Good luck out there. Hope to see more action on the site. Seems we are in a dry spell...lol

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2020, 11:59:23 AM »
Yeah I’d have to get a chance to hunt in order to post  :o
Vacation can’t come soon snough

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2020, 03:09:52 AM »
Thanks for the story Benny, wish it worked out better for ya.
Yup, I'm ready for ML. I just HOPE I get some time to get out. Working for a living sucks during hunting season. Add kids sports and activities to that and I can barely find an hour to run to the stand.
I usually find a way to clear my schedule come muzzleloader week though.
Good luck out there. Hope to see more action on the site. Seems we are in a dry spell...lol

Thanks H&F- This week will be the longest week known to man! Not just because of muzzy weekend, but I start a month long Deercation Friday at 11am! Hoping for a opening weekend like last year! Would really like Sarah to get a nice Buck. She will be hunter/shooter until she fills her tag. I will be sporting the video camera. Good Luck everyone!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2020, 05:04:13 AM »
Wow a month long. Now that's a deercation!
I'm looking forward to the day someday that I can do that. Enjoy it and good luck to you two!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2020, 05:28:04 AM »
Wow a month long. Now that's a deercation!
I'm looking forward to the day someday that I can do that. Enjoy it and good luck to you two!

Thanks to the Pandemic. We had to cancel multiple trips to visit my folks in Virginia this year. Had talked with the company nurse(per the CEO) about any travel plans. Got the OK to visit the folks as their Covid numbers were very low for their County. 2 days later, the Company decides that we must quarantine if we leave New England. Finally, I said enough is enough. I'm still going in November. I'll quarantine when I get back for the two weeks and it will put me into the Thanksgiving Holiday! Perfect! Bring on the Deercation! Thanks H&F! Good luck to you as well!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2020, 01:34:27 PM »
Hmmmm maybe I’ll go too so I can come home and “ quarantine” smart plan!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2020, 02:47:52 AM »
Hmmmm maybe I’ll go too so I can come home and “ quarantine” smart plan!

I love it when a plan comes together!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal