Hunting by Game/Technique > Turkey Hunting

hmmmm decoys...

(1/4) > >>

MBrown4:
so i need a tom decoy and was wondering what the more experienced turkey hunters would think is a better decoy. its either the carry lite pretty boy, the bob n tail , or maybe a primos model. im kinda liking the idea of the bob n tail just to give them suttin to focus on when their in close and keep their attention. i feel like it will eliminate the need to touch a call when they're in. opinions??? thanks guys

eyehi:
I'm not sure about the two models you listed but sometimes decoys do more harm than good....turkeys get used to them just like deer that hear grunt calls all the time...whatever model you choose don't over use it and most important be careful for other hunters....good luck this season

bogmanjr:
I would go with a feeding hen or hen and jake combo if you really want to use decoy's. The Tom is ok if all that you want is the dominante tom in the area but still often will scare wise birds from what I have seen.

aquaassassin:
IMO, I would save my money. I don't like dekes and never have.

jlaclair:
Ive got the carry lite and a hen, its lite but bulky, ill only use it when I have my bow probably just because of the movement and ill be in a blind, other than that if you are in the timber you can call them right in with no deke

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version