Author Topic: Whose Deer Is It  (Read 7959 times)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Whose Deer Is It
« Reply #30 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »
Oh that was just hypathetical... ::) ::)...I wouldn't hunt there anymore either if that happened...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »
Water under the smolering bridge Buddy.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
Ohhh...the topic showed up and I had flashbacks... 8) 8)
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:22:44 PM »
Let's go to a happy place with thick ice and Crappy craps like we only read about. ;D ;D ;D 
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
That one was a farewell gift. Didn't realize he didn't have a tag, I would have been very tempted to send an ECO to his house when he on his way home.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:47:29 PM »
Who brought back the 3 year old thread??  :o
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »
In my opinion it "should" be the first KILL shot.  In your scenario I would say the second hunter, for if he were not there more than likely the hunter that shot first would have never recovered the deer with a non lethal shot.  Now if he put one in any of the vitals it would be his deer because more than likely the deer would have eventually died from the first shot.  JMHO.

That first blood crap don't hold water with me.  So hunter #1 takes either a pizz poor shot or a low percentage, or risky shot and hits the deer in the front leg.  The deer runs/hobbles 300 yards and happens to end up in front of another hunter that places a well executed, high percentage shot and drops the deer in it's tracks.  Hunter #1 hears shot and goes to where the deer now lies dead and claims deer?  NOPE!

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:54:42 PM »

Ha ha didn't see that Raquette!  That deer was flushed down the toilet at least a couple of years ago then.   ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »

The new guy did.  ;)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:16:22 PM »
LOL...well we do have our moments huh????.........................OH!!...................... ::)

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:30:08 AM »
Whoever kills the deer takes ownership of the deer.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #41 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:33:32 AM »
The new guy did.  ;)

Yup, remargo threw a match in the room and walked away.

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Jan 19, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
Interesting  post ! I have always said that who ever put's the animal down get's it , that seems to be the general rule around our parts . Now it would get interesting to see what it would be if say the deer was a booner ? I do recall a friend who was hunting with another fellow and he had rattled in a five by five  which he shot at a full lung shot .Well the deer bolts and run's and stops where his friend can see it .We this guy shoots as well although the deer had been giving signs of falling down ! When he went to look at it he had asked the other fellow why he had shoot at a deer that he had shoot already ? Seems he thought that it was going to get away so he gave er one ! Well my friend congratulated him on "" his "" deer , to which the guy didn't want to tag it ? My buddy told him ......you put it down , it's yours ...BUDDY  !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal