Author Topic: When nature calls #2  (Read 9609 times)

Offline aj454

• Forked
Re: When nature calls #2
« Reply #30 on: Nov 19, 2009, 06:55:01 AM »
If i have to its lean up against a tree. Only happened twice since iv'e been hunting. Last time i came home with a tick hooked on to my inner thigh.

FrankM

« Reply #31 on: Nov 19, 2009, 07:44:22 AM »
We used to call it "poolaremia".  The condition supposedly caused by too much coffee made from creek water and a nice cholesterol laden breakfast.  After I quit drinking beer the condition was miraculously healed.

Offline nofishin

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Nov 19, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »
We used to call it "poolaremia".  The condition supposedly caused by too much coffee made from creek water and a nice cholesterol laden breakfast.  After I quit drinking beer the condition was miraculously healed.
Don't go and blame the beer..... it must have been something else

FrankM

« Reply #33 on: Nov 19, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »
Don't go and blame the beer..... it must have been something else
The guys that had the worst cases drank Miester Poo.  They all still drink and their digestive systems are so sensitive they can't eat anything.  I can eat anything I want with no ill effects other than weight gain.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #34 on: Nov 19, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »
I have a buddy that had a fir sapling bent over and he was standing on while doing work.when he stepped foward after- well the sapling returned to standing up and the mud was catapulted back near where it came from.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #35 on: Nov 19, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
Frank, you may have something there.. I quit drinking (granted its only been almost 4 months) buts that the longest Ive gone in 30 years and I have knowested the difference. Things have become more ,,,,Regular,,,not to mention I sleep better and its easier to get up when the alarm clock goes off..I dont know how long it will last, its not easy.. Especially when buddys stop over with a 12 pack under there arm. 
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline vermonner

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Nov 19, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »
I bring TP.  Of course, I do like 20 jumping jacks before I leave the house and see if that'll help me huf a jojo before I get outside.  If I go outside, I'm a stripper pole kinda guy, cause squatters do it better, just make DAMN sure bibs aren't in the line of fire.  Have forefited a sock on occassion if I forgot TP

Side note: I feel badly for the peeps who can't laugh at toilet humor, it's the great social equalizer.  Ever felt intimidated by someone?  Picture them taking a dump and see what happens to your perspective.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2009, 01:26:25 PM »
Got another one.....Does it seem like everytime you go in the woods it NEVER is solid???  Maybe it's just me....but it always seems to be a BIG SPLAT!!!

FrankM

« Reply #38 on: Nov 19, 2009, 01:48:48 PM »
Raquettedacker, I haven't touched a drop since 1987 and I don't miss it one bit.  I don't even need an alarm clock to get up for hunting or fishing anymore.  Things are a whole lot clearer in the mornings as well. Prior to 1987 I drank every day like it was going to be outlawed the next day. 

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #39 on: Nov 19, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
Maineduckhunter, I've had this discusion with my brother who works out in the woods a lot. You hardly ever have a nice hard, paper barely need one in the woods. Reason is those are the ones that can wait a few hours if need be, but you can't stop a river.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #40 on: Nov 19, 2009, 04:27:34 PM »
Maineduckhunter, I've had this discusion with my brother who works out in the woods a lot. You hardly ever have a nice hard, paper barely need one in the woods. Reason is those are the ones that can wait a few hours if need be, but you can't stop a river.
I actually had my first hard one this late summer while running the dogs on coyotes....I was VERY SURPRISED and HAPPY!!! ;D

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #41 on: Dec 15, 2009, 10:36:25 AM »
Had the unfortunate need to use the aforemention "poop log" a few weeks ago so I figured I'd take a pic of the log while I was there. I will say in 30+ years of deer hunting this is the most "comfortable" outdoors toilets I've ever had to use and like I said before it's nice because it's everflushing. & NO it is not a trout stream, just a little stream that comes out of the side of the mountian.

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2009, 01:57:23 PM by TR19 »

Offline Madpuppy

• 6 Pointer
  • SAPA SUMANITU TAKA
« Reply #42 on: Dec 15, 2009, 01:07:54 PM »
I'm with Frank, haven't touched a drop since 93. I get up and do my business and I'm good for the day ;D When I was drinking it was anyone's guess when the flood gates would open :o
Keep with it Raquettedacker, the first couple weeks is tough, it gets easier with time. One thing I noticed is when I quit drinking my friends I had weren't as good of friends anymore. When I quit I found new friends, they like me for who I am not what I am.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #43 on: Dec 15, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »
Yea I know about the friend thing..Even my wife asked where everybody was this hunting season.. Its funny how people can turn on you for trying to improve your life..I went to a party this past weekend with a 12 pack of NA's and besides the laughs I got called some pretty good names...Come on you big _ _ _ _ y, 1 or 2 wont kill ya..
 That's why I stopped because it was never just 1 or 2.. It was always 1 or 2 12 packs.. :P

Thanks for the support...Now I know who my real buddys are.. ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Dec 15, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
, 1 or 2 wont kill ya..
 That's why I stopped because it was never just 1 or 2.. It was always 1 or 2 12 packs.. :P

Thanks for the support...Now I know who my real buddys are.. ;D

While they are right about one or two not killing you, its the small lies that do kill you, best place to be is knowing your limits, if you can't do one or two next best is none.

stick with it, kinda makes me wonder why I started to drink with so many stopping, but I do keep to my limit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal