Author Topic: Funny things seen hunting  (Read 1144 times)

Offline usmarine2001

• Nubbie
Funny things seen hunting
« on: Nov 23, 2007, 11:21:20 PM »
What are some funny things you have seen hunting?

This morning I hit the stand at about 5 am due to the full moon last night, so at about a qtr to 8 I hear a bunch of yelling/shouting and so forth pretty close to my stand. After 10 -15 mins of hearing it so I decided to call it a morning and head in ( the two thermos's of coffee helped with that decision). So as I am walking in I look at the one neighbor's house where I heard the yelling, I figure he is just messing with his horses and pay no further attention. I got to the truck unloaded the gun, cased it and still the yelling so I pull out the bino's and take a look. I see two does and the 8 pt that I have been chasing around for about a week now in the neighbor's horse pasteur, nothing out of the ordinary. I pay no further attention and head in to warm up, a few mins later I start hearing shots go off and I mean they were rapid. After breakfast I head out to drop more bait, after returning to the house once again the neighbor is there, he asked me if I heard all the shooting this morning, I told him yep sure did, just figured it was the goose hunters! His reply was "well not exactly" and he begins to tell me what happened. He sees the 3 deer in with his horses and decided that he wanted them out. Hence all the yelling I heard. So he tells me he was yelling at them and they would not leave so he goes to the gate and still nothing, he finally climbs the fence and is making his way towards them. I figured they would have ran off in a heartbeat and that would have been the end of it. Guess I was wrong. He said he got about 30 feet from the fence and the does took off then he said " That SOB charged at me" So he ran to his house and got his gun and well after 8 shots finally killed it. The 8 pt was reduced to a 4 possible 5 pt. I tell ya I would have loved to have seen all this happen.

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
Re: Funny things seen hunting
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2007, 08:07:33 AM »
That's hilarious!
I can relate with the guy though. This is one of the few years I haven't been squared off on by a buck (yet). I can just imagine how motivated this guy must have been !!!

NBG

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2007, 07:30:28 PM »
hope you told him not to use so much doe in heat lure the next time i always carry a cople empty spare bottles with me and when one of us shoot a deer i save the real stuff

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2007, 06:43:14 AM »
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal