The Camp Fire > The Grumpy Old Men Hunting Shack

Canned Hunts

(1/21) > >>

Whitetailer:
Ok, I guess this is the right place to run my mouth lol. My apologies for cluttering up the other thread.

I personally would be ashamed of myself to post pictures of hunting inside a fence. There was a comment made about hunting exotic species, and that it can't be done without a fence. Yes it can.. Its very simple actually. Buy a plane ticket and fly to wherever they exist naturally. If you can't afford it, go hunt deer, or moose or elk or birds or gophers or whatever DOES exist naturally in your area. This kind of thing is an embarassment to our sport and gives us all bad names and images as hunters.

CROWKILLER:
not every one can afford to go to Newzeland or Africa

adkRoy:

--- Quote from: CROWKILLER on Sep 07, 2006, 01:45:00 PM ---not every one can arord to go to Newzeland or africa

--- End quote ---

I can attest to that. And if an anti gets upset by it well they can just kiss my a**. I am not ashamed of "hunting inside a fence". It was a fair hunt and it was an exciting hunt.

esox slayer:
I'm not exactly "pro" on canned hunts, neither am I "con"...I'd say that I personally wouldn't go on one of them, however, I feel that if a person wants to do one of them for whatever reason then thats their choice.

Not everybody lives in an area where you can just walk out the back door and even shoot white tail...if they choose a canned hunt then I say let them be.  I'm lucky and I can get deer right behind my house, however if I did ever feel the need for something more than deer I'm sure economic considerations would have to be a factor.  If I really wanted a boar, dall ram, elk, etc...and money were no consideration (and that is a factor for a very small percentage of us) then I'd consider a "canned" hunt as you call it.

There are far more worse things in the works out there today than canned hunts...the "darting" of deer comes to mind.

Btw....I'm new here myself, but I know the person who has prompted you to make this thread..and I am acquainted with many of the people who post on here, and I can tell you from experience that being new as you are on this forum and posting as you have, is not the way to gain any acceptance whatsoever.

This site is about hunting, not about opinions of right or wrong..especially in something so prevalent these days about hunting on preserves...my .02 rant....Esox

archbishop:
i would go against canned hunts for domestic animals, but if you dont have $10k+ to go where these animals are wild, how else could you get one? im not sure of the acerage on the nuge plantation but im sure its not really a canned hunt, these animals probably run in less area than he has in the wild? bu8t you need the fence to jeep the animals, especially the hogs, nasty animals in ther wild, but you cannot have them free ranging in the wild, in this case i think its a go with your gut scenerio, i mean if your on a ranch with feeders in front of your stand i can see your point, but then alot of hunts are low fence, mostly to keep predators out ??? i would go on a hunt like this for an exotic, but never for a domestic animal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version