Author Topic: Hick's trail cam pic's  (Read 33577 times)

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
Re: Hick's trail cam pic's
« Reply #135 on: Aug 30, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »
Well, we searched our entire property and i tracked them through the swamp and on to the nieghbor's property. didn't cross onto theirs but picked there tracks up a few hundered yards down the line. They crossed back over our swamp and headed towards the main road we seen them walking down. must have been picked up by someone. searched the entire swamp and never found anything worth calling the five-0 for. we figured they must be the ones that were squating on the property before we bought it and kicked them off. they knew just where they were heading so i figured they were looking to see if anything was there to steal from someone else. cams are moved around a little bit so we'll se what happens as the nights get colder.

On anothe note i have to pay a visit to the neighbor on the other side of the swamp. turns our that if he see's a tree that the beavers knocked down  he thinks that he can just cross over the fence line and cut it up for firewood. nope not gonna fly in my book. time to have a little visit with the neighbors.

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #136 on: Sep 14, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »
caught this lil spike running around bucking and trying to spar with a little doe. the bugs must be after him pretty good.  8)

http://youtu.be/pb1Xcb2beDs

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #137 on: Sep 14, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
 ;D ;D   Nice..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #138 on: Sep 14, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »

Awesome   ;D ;D    He sure did want to play

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #139 on: Sep 16, 2013, 03:13:25 PM »
Well we caught the lil pieball on video again. this time he's playin around the apple tree that the two tresspasser's walked by when headed to the swamp. i found out yesterday why there jumping and bucking around so much here. At the left of the apple tree's base is a large rock that i tried to move while pushing the top layer of dirt off. under this rock is a pesky ground nest of bee's.  :o i found them when i bumped the rock with the tractor's bucket. they covered the whole tractor for a few hours until it had gotten dark out. well now that the apples are starting to fall of the tree the bee's are all over them and the deer are in a comic battle for the apples.  ;D ;D

http://youtu.be/aq4hr77pCCw

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #140 on: Sep 16, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
interesting video.  please share what took it.

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #141 on: Sep 16, 2013, 04:27:09 PM »
just a $99 bushnell cam from walmart. not sure if its a trophy cam but it looks just like it. i leave it on vid since the trigger speed is rather slow.

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #142 on: Sep 16, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »
Nice pic's
no information

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #143 on: Sep 16, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »

Very nice  :)  Getting the jumps ;  Hope nobody decides to take the little white face  ;D ;D  Cute little bugger

Offline griff

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #144 on: Sep 16, 2013, 06:24:07 PM »
Very cool

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #145 on: Sep 16, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »
Great video's. I had a do chase  and front kick at a spike that was hanging around here at the plot tonight. Quit comical.

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #146 on: Oct 03, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »
Well ms.hick's father just inherited some land that he said used to have some bears on it when he was younger. figured there should still be bears in the area. nobody has been on this property for many years (legaly with permission that is) so we headed up to investigate for early bear. since baiting is illeagal in New York we searched for som tracks and skat and turns out we were a little late. all the berry's were gone and the briar's were all layed down from the bears rolling them down to get to the berry's. seen a lot of poop but not any recent tracks. there are alot of rock ledges on the property but the main one runs from the front right of the property to the back left of the property. a small runoff from springs flows throught this rock ledge from left to right. we found one set of tracks in the mud going across the creek on a well used deer runway. figured we would set up a elcheapo trailcam since we would most likely have it stolen if we left it unatteneded for a few weeks. so far so good. the cams still there and only a few pic's of deer wandering through.

Unitl last sunday. we only had one pic of this one but it proves that all our scouting and pioson ivy and time spent waiting on stand for a bear was worth it. at least there there.  8) Now if we can only meet up some day soon he will be spending the rest of his time in a nice tempature controlled enviroment. near some other furry critters.  ;D

Not sure how big he is but if he shows up, i'll know for sure  ;)

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #147 on: Oct 03, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »
Sweet! Hope you or the Mrs. catch up with it.

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #148 on: Oct 03, 2013, 11:20:12 PM »
thats a nice bear hope you guys can tag him
Take a Kid outside...

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #149 on: Oct 04, 2013, 03:07:33 AM »

That bear is real nice, I'd like to have him in my sights. 8) Good luck, I hope you can get a shot at him. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal