Author Topic: First bird hunt of the year!  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
First bird hunt of the year!
« on: Oct 24, 2005, 09:54:29 AM »
Well I finally got out in the woods yesterday for birds and it was a good day except for getting drowned like a rat and having an empty game pouch.  I was very surprised to see so many leaves on the trees in the Southern Tier of WNY for so late in October, man was it thick.  Anyway, I was hunting by myself with no dog so it was tough getting shots but I did flush one grouse (never saw it), one woodcock (that I was in no position to shoot at) and 5 pheasants (three roosters).  I managed to get a couple of shots at one pheasant but missed.  It's amazing how a pheasant rising can hang in the sky like a big slow chicken and you can still miss  >:(!  But it was still good to get out and I saw a bunch of game all day (while driving to my spot I also saw a half dozen pheasants walking the road, 2 flocks of turkey standing next to posted signs, about 100 geese in a posted field and a few ducks in a roadside stream.)
Their comin' right for us!

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
Re: First bird hunt of the year!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2005, 08:44:16 PM »
 Well it not like you didn't see anything Turks,Geese,Ducks,Grouse at least you had a good day. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal