Author Topic: pet deer (video)  (Read 2132 times)

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
pet deer (video)
« on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:43:25 AM »
can you imagine having a pet deer like this?!  fully house trained, knows her name, etc.

http://us.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2009/12/10/wjw.domesticated.deer.wjw

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: pet deer (video)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »
Thats crazy.. I wonder if they had her fixed so she dont come into heat....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2009, 12:42:46 PM »
i'm surprised that she eats ice cream!  i would think maybe cream-corn, but not ice cream  ;D

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »
i know a guy that had one for a while her name was Suzie. it wasn't in his house but would lock her up during hunting season then he'd let her go. she'd go get bred then come back. He passed away then she just wandered off never came back...... Hope she wasn't shot because she would come right up to you

Offline james

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »
I thought it was bad having my dog sleeping on the bed ;D

thats a wicked cool video thanks for sharing.

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2010, 08:03:21 AM »
That would be cool to have a pet deer!!!

Offline 44MAG

• Spiked
  • Nashua, NH
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »
Last year my hunting partner had a fawn "buck" that was born in his old pig stall. The mother had twins but it was pouring rain and the little fawn got left behind. He noticed it the next day and the little guy was scared, cooled, and hungry. He thought he might try to feed it with a baby bottle and some formula and it worked. Did that for a few days and decided to order some powdered goat formula. He was feeding him 3-4 bottles 3 times a day. He named him Buddy and would just step out the door and call for him and a few minutes later he would show up. He would hit the door with his hoove and would come right in. Well he hung around all summer and would follow you around the yard. Then we needed to move a few stands on the property and he would follow us around while we were on four wheelers. We set up a stand and use him as a live target for distance and branch clearing. We wanted to see if there was a way we could tag him so nobody would shoot him during the season. Well before we got that chance he just never showed up again. On one hand that was a good thing cuz he probably found other deer to help teach him survival and what not, but on the other hand we really had no way to tell him apart from other deer. Not that we take small deer but in a few years from now he could turn out to be a nice buck and we would never know if it was him.  Maybe when I am in one of the stands this year I will call out "Buddy" and if a buck comes in, it just might be him.

Not sure what I would do then.

44MAG
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2010, 04:40:57 PM by 44MAG »
Mathews Monster XLR8 - 28" Draw / 65 lbs / 336 fps
Carbon Express Hunter - 250 & G5 - 100 gr Tekan
G5 - Optix XR2 Sights / Fuse Axium Stabilizer / QAD HD Rest
Scott Rhino XT Release / Bow Force Mapped

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal