Author Topic: north country bird hunting  (Read 2319 times)

Offline jibbs

• Forked
north country bird hunting
« on: Nov 22, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »
went up to milan/dummer for a few days to hunt some patridge......hunted mainly kilkenny loop in milan and spent a little time in the dummer pond area.........we rain into some warm temps and rain, which is causing the birds to stay tight to where they are hanging......they aren't really moving around much......hunted from basically sun up to sun down for 3 days and only flushed 9 birds....... managed to kill 2 of the 9.....on the third day we had the luxury of having a friends lab.......what a good time....he got one running for me in a swampy area off the trail, which made for a pretty easy kill......out of the 9 birds we we saw.....half of them came while riding roads.....put some miles on the boots and the truck, but didn't see the quantity we were looking for.....had a good time with friends and did manage to let the ole shotgun bark a few times......
Chuck Norris doesn't bathe like the rest of us. The only baths Chuck Norris takes are bloodbaths

Offline Tumper

• Spiked
Re: north country bird hunting
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2009, 06:05:33 AM »
This year it seems that is the way its is through out the state, I know many hunting buddies that have been driving south to Ma. for there bird hunting.

The two areas I normally go has been very very slow this year, it may be due to the wet rain season we had this year, not sure but its very disappointing not too see many birds.

Offline vermonner

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2009, 07:43:12 AM »
put in an afternoon in late october here in northern Vt.  Put up zero birds in a spot which usually produces.  My thought is the wet spring/early summer has numbers down.  Has anyone heard of anyone really putting up lots of Partridge?  Intend to get out more after deer seasons finish.  Good luck all.

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2009, 09:03:45 AM »
Have any of your boy's knocked down a deer

Offline jibbs

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:16:50 AM »
Have any of your boy's knocked down a deer
not yet slim......they are surely putting in some hours though.....one guy got some "hair" the other day , but that was it.....they are hoping for some snow this week.....
Chuck Norris doesn't bathe like the rest of us. The only baths Chuck Norris takes are bloodbaths

Offline jibbs

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:18:30 AM »
put in an afternoon in late october here in northern Vt.  Put up zero birds in a spot which usually produces.  My thought is the wet spring/early summer has numbers down.  Has anyone heard of anyone really putting up lots of Partridge?  Intend to get out more after deer seasons finish.  Good luck all.
i have a bunch of buddies who live in berlin and they are putting up numbers.....however, its by riding the roads to their camps during the weekends or just going for a drive at night.....one kid has 16.......we need some cold air to move them around......going back out wednesday and thursday

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal