Author Topic: Will my wife kill me?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Will my wife kill me?
« on: Sep 24, 2007, 08:33:06 PM »
I can pick up a Beretta Xtrema2 slug gun (black synthetic stock) for 750, NIB.  Then I'd grab a 26" smoothbore barrel in black, and still come out cheaper than the stock price of the slug gun.  Am I a dead man?
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: Will my wife kill me?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2007, 06:22:23 AM »
If she loves you she'll understand your addiction.  ;) ;D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2007, 07:17:52 AM »
Sounds like the 26" barrel will be around 425, then another 30 for rings, and 200 for a nice Leupold for the cantilever.  Total cost after taxes and shipping and crap looks to be $1550ish, otherwise known as 2 mortgage payments, or 3 weeks' pay.

I think I'm gonna do it anyway.  My juicy rationalization is that it'll be a wonderful piece to pass on to my son someday. 
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2007, 08:41:43 AM »
On two conditions #1 you have the money, don't spend money you don't have (the wife has to know then) #2 your wife doesn't see it. then when this is all in the past and you have everything settled tell her in passing (like when your passing though a door, and she can't follow you)

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2007, 09:38:23 AM »
I try to get away with the "I'll be able to give it to the kids when they start hunting" too.  So far so good for me..........

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »
look around at used gun dealers. you might be able to get the extra barrel for cheaper.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline saranacjoe

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »
do it.
" Follow your passion and success will follow you"-Arthur Buddhold

Offline Mentiply

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2007, 04:49:03 PM »
You only live once.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »
Cant take the money with ya!! Although i hear they're putting side pockets in the coffin for that reason?? Id buy it, sounds like a deal!!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2007, 07:09:25 PM »
I actually don't have the money... Was gonna whack it on the ol' Cabelas card.  I keep thinking of the balance, and am starting to talk myself out of the whole idea.  Dammit.

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2007, 11:29:28 AM »
I actually don't have the money... Was gonna whack it on the ol' Cabelas card.  I keep thinking of the balance, and am starting to talk myself out of the whole idea.  Dammit.

Smart choice, hard one to make but..............smart

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 26, 2007, 05:09:49 PM »

Stupid fatherhood.  I hate being responsible.   :P

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2007, 07:26:51 PM »
You only live once.
I agree...time heals all wounds.  Plus you won't be able to hear her nagging when  you go out and shoot that thing!

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2007, 08:40:22 AM »

Very smart, just try and put what would have been your payments into savings and you'll have the money sooner then if you were paying the card. (or you might have to hide the cash so your wife doesn't spend it). Payment are a slow death

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Sep 29, 2007, 06:20:01 AM »
I did it. 

Crap part is, the factory is out of 26" smoothbores until November-ish, so the local Beretta dealer is going to check other dealer stock, and see if he can do a switch for me.  Cabela's order will be placed on Monday - giving a Swedish co-worker of mine the opportunity to add on to the order.  I've got a box that has to go over to him for work, so I'll tuck in any fishing gear he needs while I'm at it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal