Author Topic: like the laws or hate them??  (Read 4147 times)

Offline muskymaster09

• Nubbie
like the laws or hate them??
« on: Jan 16, 2007, 02:17:58 PM »
im just wondering everyones opinion on the game commision  and what they are doing to the deer. i personally like it. yes they are cutting back the numbers a tramendious amount but they also are producing many quality deer what are your thoughts??

Offline hunters08

• Forked
Re: like the laws or hate them??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:11:55 PM »
You must be talking about the antler retsictions???I think you guys should be happy,I see alot of beautiful bucks down there now!!!They still give you guys doe permits so you can get some delicous venison.So i think its just a plus to be able to get a nice buck or no buck and a nice doe. My mom lives in pa so i see her friends getting some dandy bucks now. I am going to archery hunt there next year for sure

Offline tksiezopolski

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »
Same here... Going to try the Archery season this year and see how it goes....

Offline gobblergetter

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2007, 08:48:28 PM »
Honestly in my opinion it is the best thing that ever happend here this year i am seeing some plants like laurel coming back that hasnt ammounted to anything for a long time and i am seeing some real big bucks around a much bigger average than five years ago.  i think a few more years and some more people will appreciate it too.  it is by far not the end of the world.  Honestly more people can keep quitting the sport and that is fine by me because a day in the woods isnt always killing it is hunting .

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2007, 12:35:50 AM »
antler restrictions good but something needs to change in the way of doe season like smaller areas or fine tune the seasons in some areas cause i just havent been seeing the numbers in the mountains like in prior years also not as much shooting goin on in the first day or two

Offline tksiezopolski

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2007, 04:25:52 AM »
antler restrictions good but something needs to change in the way of doe season like smaller areas or fine tune the seasons in some areas cause i just havent been seeing the numbers in the mountains like in prior years also not as much shooting goin on in the first day or two

I'll agree with that... One the first day I hear less and less shots being fired each year. I remember when it sounded like a war was being waged. I also agree in the fact that I see less and less doe year after year.... 5 years ago, I'd be in the woods 30 minutes and have my doe... Now I might not see a single deer for the first 5 days This past year I took out my heavy barrel .223 and had to take a 600 yard shot, which I was comfortable with, ad hit right in the neck. If it wasn't for that gun, I would have ended the season w/o a deer.

As for buck, I only saw a handle killed, only one nice one. Its been 6 years since I saw a buck. I was on a good streak getting a buck every year for 5 years, then comes the drought. By the way, I hut private farms in Susquehanna County.

Any way, thats my two cents!

Offline tuffbuck2shoot

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »
Im all for it,Id rather the nice big ones we're seeing now over the usual spike or 4 pointers we used to see taken every year,there were bigger taken at that time but nothing like they are now.

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:09:29 PM »
At first..I hated them (except antler restrictions) then I did extensive research on it and liked what it is supposed to do..I crossed my fingers and waited years to see what happens next..I must admit...I wasnt liking what i saw...but now the deer herd seems healthy and numbers are up (ARCHERY SEASON)  The rifle deer season is still the same.. NO DEER!  I just have to up my game and get one early!
If its BROWN...Its DOWN!!!      If it FLYS...It DIES!!!

Offline tuffbuck2shoot

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2009, 01:49:16 PM »
I hear that,Im definatley getting my archery stamp this year.

Offline salmonrebel

• Spiked
  • You Gotta' Kill It!,...To Grill It!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »
I especially like the antler restrictions. I would be fine with it, if they raised the antler restrictions to 4. The other part of the way the season's set up, I'm OK with it.
I definitely like the Doe season combined with Buck during the rifle season. When your employed, it makes it easier to get the time off to hunt....Although, I think there should be some thought of only shooting 1 Doe-per-person per-season in alot of our gamelands. With me saying that, I am not condemning anyone for taking what the law allows you.
I think our deer herd is MUCH LOWER in alot of our gamelands...
Yea. You want a healthy herd. But there are some areas that are decimated, especially gamelands. I am not a wildlife biologist, but, that's my opinion.

I too, got to get the bow set up this summer.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2009, 09:54:48 PM by salmonrebel »

IF IT'S BROWN!,...IT'S DOWN!...IF IT RUNS!, IT'S DONE!...WHACK 'EM!,...AND STACK 'EM!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal