Author Topic: First Buck From My New Treestand  (Read 2050 times)

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
First Buck From My New Treestand
« on: Sep 21, 2006, 05:31:43 AM »
I sat in my stand last night after work anticipating next Saturday and a spike walked through 15 minutes after I got there.  He was 10 yards from my tree and never knew I was there.  I can't wait ;D

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: First Buck From My New Treestand
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:19:18 AM »
I'm sure that got your heart pumping. Sounds like you've picked a good spot.
I saw a couple of deer behind my house 2 nights ago. It was too dark to tell what they were - probably the doe and fawn that has been coming out.

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:59:35 AM »
It definitely got my heart pumping.  I was going to stay out until dark, but after I watched him for a while and he was far enough away I left.  That way if more came in right at dark I wouldn't spook them when I was leaving.

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2006, 06:35:18 AM »
where there's a spike horn.....there's a daddy somewhere.. ;)    unless you took him down already... :P

good luck out there chillie and keep us posted.

what'd you get for a new stand?
~Scott~

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2006, 09:57:18 AM »
The daddy is still out there.  I've been after him for 3 years.  Last year I found one shed, he's a pretty good size 8 point.  I don't know exactly what the stand is.  It's a 15 foot ladder with a nice wide platform from Dicks.

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2006, 11:31:55 AM »
maybe that new stand will bring some good luck along with it....sounds like a h#ll of a deer to get w/ a bow from 15' up... ;)

I've got a Rivers Edge 12' ladder stand that I bought with a buddy of mine....we got both together at a bargain price from Great North Outfitters in Winthrop a few years back....sweet thing is they're identical stands and we can set both up at 12' or one up to 24' if we're hunting together...(we've only gone 20' so far  :P).  We spend a week at camp together in Dover Foxcroft and usually split days in the stand.  For some reason.....12' just doesn't seem high enough to stay out of sight  IMO

I had a climber given to me this spring that I haven't used yet, but looking forward to it. I've got alot of tall, limbless trees that'll be perfect for it. 

good luck next weekend !!
~Scott~

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal