Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 6907 times)

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: New to the site
« Reply #15 on: Aug 28, 2006, 03:26:12 PM »
I've got a few "just as they fell" shots, but I'm careful as to who they're shown too.  :-\

Shouldn't have too much trouble here. This is a hunting site. I personally like to see the shot and how the ammo/arrow did the trick etc.   ;)
Adam

Offline HuntFishSled

• Forked
« Reply #16 on: Aug 28, 2006, 04:27:02 PM »
Shouldn't have too much trouble here. This is a hunting site. I personally like to see the shot and how the ammo/arrow did the trick etc.   ;)

Exactly why that pic is my avitar.  ;D

Offline HuntFishSled

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Aug 28, 2006, 07:23:46 PM »
Took this pic of a sleeping buck from my treestand. Took the picture before I even got down. 1st. deer in 30+ years of deer hunting that I've ever shot from a treestand.  Usually just still hunt or plunk down at the base of a tree. Almost took a picture before he layed down but didn't quite dare to do that.  :) Cameras on zoom, he is actually about 40 yards away.

This one I shot on the last day of vaca last season. It was time to put some meat in the freezer. I was sitting against a tree and the deer walked up behind me. I let it walk by about 2 feet away and then when I lifted my gun he turned and looked and I caught him right in the throat. I took the picture from where I was sitting. Paced off 5 yards!!

Hope no one minds the shots, but since I bought a digital camera I'm taking more than glamour shots.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Aug 28, 2006, 09:32:21 PM »
those are awsome pics!

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Aug 29, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »
Took this pic of a sleeping buck from my treestand. Took the picture before I even got down. 1st. deer in 30+ years of deer hunting that I've ever shot from a treestand.  Usually just still hunt or plunk down at the base of a tree. Almost took a picture before he layed down but didn't quite dare to do that.  :) Cameras on zoom, he is actually about 40 yards away.

Those ARE great shots. Not to sounds stupid, but were you serious about the first buck "sleeping" ? Never seen one like that..or do you mean he layed down before you shot him?
Adam

Offline HuntFishSled

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Aug 29, 2006, 09:35:26 AM »
Those ARE great shots. Not to sounds stupid, but were you serious about the first buck "sleeping" ? Never seen one like that..or do you mean he layed down before you shot him?

Sorry Pikeguy....just a poor attempt at humor.  :) He was wide awake and walking. The neck shot from the 30-06 put him to "sleep" instantly. I was considering taken a picture of him standing before I shot, but was afraid the camera and movement would spook him. 

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Aug 29, 2006, 09:41:19 AM »
no PG, he got into some fermented corn and passed out :D

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Aug 29, 2006, 09:44:06 AM »
Sorry Pikeguy....just a poor attempt at humor.  :) He was wide awake and walking. The neck shot from the 30-06 put him to "sleep" instantly. I was considering taken a picture of him standing before I shot, but was afraid the camera and movement would spook him. 

Ok, that's more believable. I'm not usually this gullable. lol  ;D
Adam

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal