Author Topic: Bird country  (Read 2154 times)

Offline toguetaker

• Nubbie
Bird country
« on: Aug 21, 2006, 12:02:49 PM »

I have a well trained Lab and am looking for some new Grouse country. Any of you fellas know of any in the down east region?

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
Re: Bird country
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2006, 12:46:14 PM »
I have a well trained Lab and am looking for some new Grouse country. Any of you fellas know of any in the down east region?

I was up in the Grand Lake Region 2 weeks ago...drove over 80 miles of logging roads, and never saw a partridge!...I think the wet spring we had may have destroyed a lot of eggs and chicks....

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2006, 05:47:56 AM »
I was thinking the same thing last year, but I actually saw more birds than usual where I hunt up in the county.  Of course that means I missed more than usual too ;D

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2006, 12:48:49 PM »
I was thinking the same thing last year, but I actually saw more birds than usual where I hunt up in the county.  Of course that means I missed more than usual too ;D

Yup chilly, I have seen that also, but I have seen that when we have a wet spring, themajority of the  partridge population suffers more...all areas are different, depends on the area of the state you hunt...lets hope this year will be better

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2006, 09:28:47 AM »
couple years back I was working in princeton, but staying in calais and it happened to be during bird seaon. In the mornings, we would get to woodland and hit either the triple-c or the grand falls road to the eastern cut off over to princeton. it took us a little longer to get to the jobsite, but we hit hour bag limit 3 out of 5 days.
~Scott~

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal