Author Topic: Some people just can't help  (Read 11083 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Some people just can't help
« Reply #15 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »
Well you did say anything about that in the original post............You said you had no respect because of shooting a skipper. Lawn hunting without permission is a different story.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
Well you did say anything about that in the original post............You said you had no respect because of shooting a skipper. Lawn hunting without permission is a different story.
Lawn hunting is legal if you have permission....and sometimes encouraged!!  My first deer on Islesboro was shot from the lawn, and my Camden Stand landowners encourage me to hunt from the lawn!!  ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »

well I said without................. 8)  I have no objection to thinning the semi domestic herd. Have to do quite a bit of that here too.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #18 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »
I personally would never shoot a skipper extra tags or not, not worth it to me for the meat/ work to get it out factor,plus the fact you cannot be sure unless it is right under you if it may have been a future wallhanger buck,and it would give me absolutely no adrenalin rush. I also would never even consider hunting on or right next to someones lawn, just kills the "enjoying the Great Outdoors" factor. I dont care what anyone says it is easy hunting and you don't have to be on stand nearly as early either and sit a few hrs. for down time.

However, I have absolutely no problem with people who do it, nor do I look at them any differently. I say shoot em all! Good luck guys! It needs to be done, let someone who enjoys it do it!  ;D 8)
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #19 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »
I personally would never shoot a skipper extra tags or not, not worth it to me for the meat/ work to get it out factor,plus the fact you cannot be sure unless it is right under you if it may have been a future wallhanger buck,and it would give me absolutely no adrenalin rush. I also would never even consider hunting on or right next to someones lawn, just kills the "enjoying the Great Outdoors" factor. I dont care what anyone says it is easy hunting and you don't have to be on stand nearly as early either and sit a few hrs. for down time.

However, I have absolutely no problem with people who do it, nor do I look at them any differently. I say shoot em all! Good luck guys! It needs to be done, let someone who enjoys it do it!  ;D 8)
I agree....I miss the hunts in the deep woods, where you don't hear anything but mother nature.  But I unfortunately/fortunately live within the city limits.  So I have learned the way of what I call a Urban Hunter.  It is no way easy, and you can still get in the woods and enjoy nature, but you ARE going to hear a lot of traffic and voices!!  Someday I will live back in the sticks like I did as a kid, until then I take full advantage of being able to hunt 300 yards from my house and fill the freezer!!! ;D

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #20 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
More power to ya brother! 8) Right on!

Offline Hunta

• 6 Pointer
  • The one that didn't get away. 10pt 209lbs.
« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »
Damn those Bambi killers. ROFLMAO.

I wouldn't shoot anything that small but like most people have stated on here to each thier own.
Bring on expanded season 2011

halfrack33

« Reply #22 on: Sep 29, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »
My expanded deer this year only weighed in at 52 pounds dressed. A little small but taste some good!!

You get that one back from the taxidermist yet??  ;D  :P  JK!

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #23 on: Sep 29, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »
I think he is talking about ones like this!!! This guy has tagged 4 deer already this season!!! 

Mine last year had a few less spots then that one!! ::)

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Sep 29, 2011, 02:11:18 PM »
Some people just can't help giving sportmen a bad name. Yesterday, down here on the island, a couple of heaterhunting bow hunters shot a deer that just got rid of it's spots. I don't think the whole deer weighed more than 40# guts, feathers and all. I don't know where they were from, but they don't have my respect.

I agree with you a bit. If it is legal to shoot the deer people will. But its common sense and is it ethical. I would never shoot such a small deer its not worth it and it is not right.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Sep 29, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
skipper (skip-er)
noun
1/2 year old deer
  • best tasting, most tender venison
  • fairly easy to kill
  • easy to drag
  • easy to load in truck

what's not to love?!!!!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #26 on: Sep 29, 2011, 03:31:04 PM »
skipper (skip-er)
noun
1/2 year old deer
  • best tasting, most tender venison
  • fairly easy to kill
  • easy to drag
  • easy to load in truck

what's not to love?!!!!

LOL you would!

Offline oldmossyhorn

• Spiked
« Reply #27 on: Sep 29, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »
baby killing for 13 lbs of meat.... cmon man. thats not hunting !!!
oldmossyhorn

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #28 on: Sep 29, 2011, 04:53:24 PM »
baby killing for 13 lbs of meat.... cmon man. thats not hunting !!!

Stop it....................
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline oldmossyhorn

• Spiked
« Reply #29 on: Sep 29, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »

Stop it....................
im sorry, just stating my opinion. ive have deer like that sniff the end of my barrell . wheres the sport in that ???
oldmossyhorn

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal