Author Topic: how did the days hunt go  (Read 15343 times)

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
Re: how did the days hunt go
« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2005, 09:52:56 AM »
got alittle bit of hope this morning went to the field and 5 sets of tracks in it fist time in 6 weeks thats were i"ll be at 300 this late in the game if one comes out big or small iam taking it

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
« Reply #46 on: Dec 05, 2005, 10:25:49 AM »
got alittle bit of hope this morning went to the field and 5 sets of tracks in it fist time in 6 weeks thats were i"ll be at 300 this late in the game if one comes out big or small iam taking it
Good luck sharpshooter!

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #47 on: Dec 05, 2005, 04:34:56 PM »
thanks old foxnothing this afternoo  maybe in the morning i think the deer are calmming down some did see a big flock of turkeys better then nothing gave me something to watch while waiting maybe in the morningill get one

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #48 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:49:59 AM »
its time to admit it things arnt looking good at bagging a deer this year nothing all week i think ill put the christmass lights up for the grandkids today will most likely be plowing tomorrow that leaves sat for the deer hunting oh well next week iam going ice fishing maybe i ll see a flag out there

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #49 on: Dec 09, 2005, 09:53:35 PM »
welli did get to see a big cow moose today was sleeping in the middle of a logging road she didnt like me walking up to her ran 4 deer acrossed the same rd but the guy i was hunting with took a left instead of a right so he lost his chance and i am not sure how the deer will move tomorrow with all this snow no matter what its over tomorrow night

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #50 on: Dec 11, 2005, 11:08:30 AM »
got off to a late start this morning didnt hit the woods till 7 am didnt think we had much of a chance anwaywas waiting for my son inlaw but he never showed up after hunting in the storm on friday we decided to shoot off the guns and make sure we had fresh dry loads in the guns both guns went right off with a good nights sleep and freshly loaded guns we were ready for the hunt we had noticed some tracks in the snow when we drove up the road we decided one of us would take to the tracks and the othe would watch the crossing i have always seen deer her after a heavey snow after chasing thees deer for 1/2 hour i radio larry and told him the deer were heading straight south to move to the other rd after a while i started tracking them again i neww they wer just a head of me as the snow was still drawing in water i radio larry and told him i was getting close hed come across a place were the deer had been crossing and stoped there i headr a crack and saw a bunch o falling snow just a head no larry but 7 deer went acrossed the road there were 4 people riding snow machines they were happy to see the deer cross the road and run though the strip lot told larry to go back to the starting point i would come back though to the truck for coffee larry hadnt been ther 5 min when he radios me and tells me he has 2 dig big does standing in the road broad side they just walked around the road then came into the woods were i was ( larry does not have a doe permit )those guys on the snow machines were coming up the tote road and scared the deer i told larry if the deer were on this side of the road to go after them i would hold were i am at once larry started after them he confirmed the deer were walking in my tracks headed south after about 15 min larry said they had turned and going the other way larry stayed with them and said they had turned and going south buy now i had picked up another set of tracks told larry to go back to the starting point and watchthat crossing they were heading right for the truck after waiting a 1?2hour i took to the tracks a gain larry found a set of traps and went after them well to make a long story short some one fired from the road no it wasnt larry it was another hunter i was only 30 yards from the rd and new the deer were crassing as it turned out the deer crossed 30 yards from the truck the shot was from another hunter that had to be home at 1.00 to take care of his kid he was unloading his gun for the year well just after he unloaded out came the buck and doe  needless to say we didnt get a deer the plan for the day was going to be to leave one guy on eatch tote road and one guy work the woods some times things dont go as planed as far as seeing deer was the worst i have had and thats how the season ended now its time to get ready for icefishing no deer for me but still had fun hope everyone elese did too merry christmass and happy new year to all

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
« Reply #51 on: Dec 11, 2005, 11:29:18 AM »
Well sharpshooter, you gave it your all...sorry you didn't get one....get that ice gear ready, and I hope to see you on the ice this year..have a great Christmas and a successful ice fishing year! :)

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #52 on: Dec 11, 2005, 05:40:43 PM »
thanks old fox hope to see you too and i ll be more then happy to see flags the rest of the winter good fishing to ya

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal