Author Topic: how did the days hunt go  (Read 15342 times)

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
Re: how did the days hunt go
« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2005, 12:12:28 AM »
this is the spike from last week

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Nov 21, 2005, 07:04:30 PM »
i think my olderst brother blew his best chance of the year today he jumped a nice buck but couldnt get a shot off for a clean kill so held back and went to his stand 15 min later out comes 4 does he has a doe permitt but held off shooting thinking the buck would be along any mimute watch the does for a while eating had broad side shots 40 yards from him the does walked into the woods and he never saw the buck again ive done that many times this time of year and ended up deerless we will know in a few days if he made a mistake

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Nov 23, 2005, 04:32:20 PM »
my son in law cut up the deer from sat last night what a tender deer 3/4 in thick ouater stake could cut with a fork no game tast at all you just cant beat a small deer for table fare

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Nov 27, 2005, 08:25:10 AM »
the rifle season has ended time to dust off the black powder rifle had a great time in the woods this year never saw another deer other then the ones i saw the fist half hr of the fist day this was the worst year of hunting i have had as far as seeing deer .i might add the deer are there the guys i hunt with all saw deer the only one not to see deer was my son inlaw he takes a deer most every year the snow proved the deer are in the places we hunt and i would say a good heard i might also add that i called the wardens the fist day of the season and the last for hunting related incidents and they were verry helpful my son in law came across a downed moose yesterday and i called them to dispatch the moose withen i/2 an hr there were 3 wardens there to assist us they had questions a bout the moose but that is part of there job the wardens i talked to this year get an A+ the tagging station is up by 12 deer compared to last year and still have the muzzle season to go to those who took deer this season congrads and those that didnt i hope you had an enjoyable season just the same and to those that will be hunting the black powder season good luck

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #34 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:16:05 AM »
Well no deer in the freezer for me this year.  :( A couple of days after it snowed I walked through the 100 acre stretch of woods behind my house and never crossed a track.  ??? Saw where two hunters had gone trough, but that's all. Also only one set of rabbit tracks. Pretty sad. I hunted Saturday by my brothers house. Plenty of tracks but no deer. I guess it's time to look forward to icefishing.

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #35 on: Nov 28, 2005, 12:54:36 PM »
Nothing for me again this year.  3 years in a row isn't a good streak with no deer.

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Nov 29, 2005, 03:55:26 PM »

Well as stated earlier i got my moose ,and last friday i put a 116 lb doe in the freezer also .I,ve got the meat now bring on the ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My way of life

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #37 on: Nov 29, 2005, 05:04:08 PM »
hay good going tc iwent out this afternoo with the black powder but again no deer iam beginning to think to think this year will be a wash for me but its a good past time while waiting for the hardwater to get here

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:16:36 AM »

Keep after them ss,it only takes a minute and it ain't over till it's over .You just never know when one will step out!
My way of life

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:43:06 AM »
TC FISH that just what my dad use to say thanks for bring back some memories of him  ;D

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Nov 30, 2005, 09:30:11 AM »

Yup good luck to ya.I,m sure he'll be looking over you.I "KNOW" i had someone looking over my shoulder.
My way of life

Offline mostlybuckless

• Nubbie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:25:36 PM »
That reminds me of a couple years ago. It aint over till it's over. My boy shot a 197 lb. 9 pointer with five minutes left in the season. That was awesome! Keep at it!

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2005, 09:30:38 PM »
i havent given up yet going out friday and might as well say sat. too the way my luck has gone this year

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #43 on: Dec 02, 2005, 05:09:03 AM »
well on my way to the woods to save the year today just may be the day light rain thats when i get lucky

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:33:23 AM »
no luck this weekend how ever i did run two nice does out to a hunter on sat morning he said they both does that would go 120 lbs stoped 30 yards broadside to him he didnt have a doe permitt said they were 50 yards ahead of me but i never saw them maybe this week

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal